Didjaevernotice?

Every time Nikon does something, there are at least two threads on it here, and I'm betting I can find at least one more somewhere on this forum. Do you think people see the news release and figure....ooh ooh I got get this up quick, so I can be the first one to let everyone know. I guess there will always be those that are to excited about the news to bother to simply scan the first page or first few threads to see if someone has beat them to the punch. Just for giggles, I looked this morning, and found the first thread about the newest releases from Nikon was made at 9:30 on 7/29, then the next one was at 10:01, the next at 10:06, and then one was posted in DSLRs at 10:12. What is really interesting is there was a post made to the very first thread at 9:58, three minutes before the second thread was started, and posts were hitting that thread every two or three minutes, so the first thread had to be very close to the top when the second thread started. I don't know, just a curious observation.

I've just always figured if I am reading it, someone else already has, let's wonder over to Nikon Cafe' and find a thread and get the rest of the story. I guess I'm just really not interested in being the first.

Does it bother you? I'm not really sure if it bothers me, it's just something that I've noticed. It doesn't just happen here, it happens on almost every forum I'm on, just a curious side of the Internet forums I guess.

Another side of internet forums is people who post curious ramblings. :biggrin:

Every time Nikon does something, there are at least two threads on it here, and I'm betting I can find at least one more somewhere on this forum. Do you think people see the news release and figure....ooh ooh I got get this up quick, so I can be the first one to let everyone know. I guess there will always be those that are to excited about the news to bother to simply scan the first page or first few threads to see if someone has beat them to the punch. Just for giggles, I looked this morning, and found the first thread about the newest releases from Nikon was made at 9:30 on 7/29, then the next one was at 10:01, the next at 10:06, and then one was posted in DSLRs at 10:12. What is really interesting is there was a post made to the very first thread at 9:58, three minutes before the second thread was started, and posts were hitting that thread every two or three minutes, so the first thread had to be very close to the top when the second thread started. I don't know, just a curious observation.

I've just always figured if I am reading it, someone else already has, let's wonder over to Nikon Cafe' and find a thread and get the rest of the story. I guess I'm just really not interested in being the first.

Does it bother you? I'm not really sure if it bothers me, it's just something that I've noticed. It doesn't just happen here, it happens on almost every forum I'm on, just a curious side of the Internet forums I guess.

Another side of internet forums is people who post curious ramblings. :biggrin:
And all were made in General, instead of the dSLR forum!

You didn't know that the first poster gets the equipment, free, courtesy of the Cafe?

And all were made in General, instead of the dSLR forum!
Ah an old pet peave of mine. When will people ever get that if there are Cameras, Flash, Gear, and Lighting and Lens Lust sections it's not to go posting irrelevant threads in the rightly named General Discussion (Discuss non photography or photography related topics that do not have their own forum here.) :rolleyes:

Eric, you are the first to post this kind of thread, tracking the other kinds of threads.....

You win!!!!:eek::eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I post to a number of forums. Usually I'll look to see if anyone has posted news before me. If not, I'll write a post. But writing takes time, and I've found that in that time one or more other forum members mighht post the same news.

So it's not always negligence that causes multiple posts. :smile:

Sometimes, people use non-descriptive thread titles, so even a search won't always turn up what you're looking for.

It's a problem I've run across on several boards. Thread title like "ooh, look at this" and "hey, did you hear about this" are completely non-descript, yet the threads are about the same exact bit of news.

One of the boards I frequent, there seems to be a rush on posting celebrity deaths. Some days, it's like reading the obituary pages.

-Fred

I guess this doesn't bother me as much as some other things, like the same old tired debates hashed over and over again.

Another thing that kind of annoys me is people posting images in equipment forums rather than image forums.

I made the 9:30 one

:p

I was first.. buahahaha

... just wondering, would you guys rather that the info just not get here? lol

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom