1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Didnt Get The D700 But I Got These Instead

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by tiny123, Jul 26, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Love them Berger Bros, too bad he didnt have a D700 body in stock, he did have D700 kits tho.

I asked for 4 but he told me over the phone he only had 2 left, when i got there he walked out with all 4 for me. I got my shiney red bike!!

2. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    They look terrific!

Seeing those 4 SB-900's drives me crazy. I knew that I should have ordered more than two! At least they are on the way to me. Just a couple more days of waiting impatiently.

3. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    WOW!!

That is a lot of flash power. Congrats!

My lonely SB-900 is in transit from Berger Brothers. Can't wait.

4. Im taking open box pictures now, of this beast! Any one wanna buy a Gary Fong for a SB800 cuz the SB900 is going to tear it a new one!

5. Oh great!

All we need to do is buy more Gary Fong Lightsphere's.....Like the guy does not have enough money?

GenoP

6. You know they look wierd and have had people throw money into them thinking it was a tip cup but, it works.

7. Sam O

Sam O

Jul 24, 2007
    Toronto
    You bought 4 boxes? :biggrin:

A side by side of the 800 & 900 would be interesting.

8. Sam O

Sam O

Jul 24, 2007
    Toronto
    Found one on flickr...

2688241490_6160c45243_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

9. Yeah 4 boxes that cost about 2 grand, my Dad went with me and hes a old school photographer and he saw the price and insisted it was time to get my own place! LOL

10. deanr

deanr Guest

Buy Dig?

I don't know much about Buy Dig, but they have the SB 900 for $449 and free shipping.

11. holy cow....
    4 of them?
    so very jealous
    nice expenditure
    can't wait to see the results of their use

congrats

12. Buy Dig is good- same as Beach Camera.

13. Im done with mail order nazis. I live in the photography hub of the free world and there are a ton of stores to buy my gear.

14. orfeas

orfeas

Jul 8, 2008
    greece
    can SB900 take 5 AAbatteries with adapter ??

15. Nope just the four, apparently there is no need for the fifth battery, from what I have read. Of course can I find that? Nah... :frown:

Just take my word for it :wink:

16. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
  17. jimeast

jimeast

Mar 17, 2008
    Metrowest. MA
    Sb-900

The SB-900 specs seem pretty nice (well... really nice), but from the specs, its size and weight make it seem like a monster.

Can anyone comment on how it handles & feels compared to the SB-800?

18. Uh- okay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.