1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

difference between d70 &d70s

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Farmergirl, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Can anyone tell me the difference between a nikon D70 and the Nikon D70S

Thanks Sarah

2. The d70s has a larger lcd....I think that's the only real difference.

3. As I recall the viewfinder was the only thing that could not be gotten from either the firmware upgrade that was released at the time of the D70s and the better rubber eye piece that you could buy and put on your D70.

Here are two links for you:
    One
    Two

4. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

I think there was a firmware change or update in the s as well.

5. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    the main difference is that I have a d70s... but NOT a d70... haha... i crack myself up, sorry i cant really help

6. spudjer

spudjer Guest

D70s has hard wire cable release capability

7. Some may see that as an advantage, but I really wish the D200 had the $18.00 release option, instead of the $160.00 release. :redface:

8. the remote for the D70s is only around 20 bucks. Or used to be when I had it. The cable release IS a big deal. Makes it much easier to use on a tripod.

9. Remote release is a big deal, I'm use not sure cable release is. I used the IR remote for my D70 all the time. But I also review the D70s manual online looked over the one that my son has, I don't see a cable release attachment port.

10. They mean the "electronic" cable release. The port is beside the USB connection.

Ronnie

11. That's the one. It really is a very nice improvement. You don't have to facing the camera to trigger the shutter like the remote for the D70.

12. You don't have to actually face the camera. Just reach slightly over in front with one hand and snap the shutter. I think it is far more convenient than any cable release (except for mirror lockup), and is one reason I am reluctant to part with my D70s.

13. I have both, me the D70 Pat the D70s. The LCD is bigger there were some software changes.
    The big change for me was the remote. The IR only for the D70 is a love hate relationship. I fall on the hate side trying to reach around to the front of the camera or rig some type of reflector really stinks. If you like to release from the front for shooter in the shot pics it's great but I don't shot that way.
    Rich

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.