Difference Between Different Netbooks

My Samsung NC-10 arrived on schedule. Took a while to get it set up and to figure out how to get the Bluetooth mouse to work. The mouse is nice. A little jerky when working off the netbook battery. I’ve had it online, and it surfs just fine. It does seem slower when running off battery power vs being plugged in.

It comes with a tight fitting cloth case.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you all who gave me info and helped me make my decision. :smile:

My Samsung NC-10 arrived on schedule. Took a while to get it set up and to figure out how to get the Bluetooth mouse to work. The mouse is nice. A little jerky when working off the netbook battery. I’ve had it online, and it surfs just fine. It does seem slower when running off battery power vs being plugged in.
It shouldn't make a difference... unless your battery manager is set to reduce your CPU speed. Try changing it to [max performance] to see if that's the problem.

Cool picture! I like the matching blue pen :).

It shouldn't make a difference... unless your battery manager is set to reduce your CPU speed. Try changing it to [max performance] to see if that's the problem.
Thank you Frank. I didn’t even know there was battery management. That solved that problem, and I discovered how to make the screen a tad bit brighter in the process.

One irritation that is bugging me is that I keep getting little pop ups every time I turn the netbook on telling me that my wireless network connection is unplugged and one for my LAN when it is not plugged in. Duh. Have you found a way to turn those stupid messages off? I keep configuring the task bar to Always Hide those two icons, but they keep coming back every time I boot up, and give me those stupid messages.

Also there is a pop up for configuring Samsung Update that comes up every time I turn the netbook on. Can’t seem to get rid of that either.

What are you using to do quick edits of photos? I’m trying Irfanview, but I’m not liking it at all.

One irritation that is bugging me is that I keep getting little pop ups every time I turn the netbook on telling me that my wireless network connection is unplugged and one for my LAN when it is not plugged in. Duh. Have you found a way to turn those stupid messages off?
No, I tried a few times, but gave up and just learned to ignore them.

Also there is a pop up for configuring Samsung Update that comes up every time I turn the netbook on. Can’t seem to get rid of that either.
I managed to do that, but can't remember how. :redface:

But here's some hope. There is a usergroup for the Samsung Notebook computers at http://www.sammynetbook.com/news.php

I'm sure some of the gearheads on their forums will have solutions. Please let me know how to turn the damn popups off when you find out.

What are you using to do quick edits of photos? I’m trying Irfanview, but I’m not liking it at all.
I'm not doing edits on the Sammy. I installed Elements, but it's not designed for the short screen. In fact, you have to hook up to an external monitor in order to install it. Hopefully someone on the Sammy forums can give you a lead.

But here's some hope. There is a usergroup for the Samsung Notebook computers at http://www.sammynetbook.com/news.php

I'm sure some of the gearheads on their forums will have solutions. Please let me know how to turn the damn popups off when you find out.

I'm not doing edits on the Sammy. I installed Elements, but it's not designed for the short screen. In fact, you have to hook up to an external monitor in order to install it. Hopefully someone on the Sammy forums can give you a lead.
Thanks for the link to the Sammy Forum. I joined that forum, but haven’t posted any questions yet, just a newbie post. I’ll post back if I find out anything.

I looked at Elements once, and I would install Paint Shop Pro before I would install Elements. Just didn’t like Elements. CS3 is far more user friendly and powerful. I’m hoping I can find a small, fast low cost editing program that I can install on the Netbook for possible post game processing and uploading to a sports editor. Irfanview doesn’t look like it will work for me at all. People in the Sports Forum all suggest Photo Mechanic, but I don’t want to spend $150 on software I’ll get little use out of, and may not even pay for itself. Got ViewNX installed today, and it works fine. I’ll most likely uninstall Irfranview.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom