Digging up missed images

Discussion in 'Birds' started by woundedmallard, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

Wading through my ever growing folders of pics I found a series of a Northern Gannet. Back in April, many juveniles and adults (such as this one) were ending up on the beach. Seems that many may have actually been just exhausted and eventually made it back out. I didn't see this one til I spooked it, and of course took advantage...
    original.

View attachment 103043

View attachment 103044

View attachment 103045

View attachment 103046

2. Very cool!!! Especially for here in Florida.

Nancy

3. Thanks Nancy. Perhaps I'll run into you at Viera this week?

4. Well Done Tom

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful series Tom:>))))

I have thousands sitting around:>))

6. A great series, Thomas, the body position in the second shot is hilarious!

7. Thanks Gary, Gale and Sandi. Appreciate you checking them out. It's such a grand bird, I'm always thrilled when I can get close looks like these.

8. Very nice set Thomas. I've never seen this bird before.

Louie

9. Cool shots, Thomas! I swear you always see the neatest stuff!

Back in Feb during MI4 I was out at Canaveral Seashore. I saw quite a few Gannets flying back and forth out quite a ways. It was really a treat though since that was the first time I'd ever seen one. At 100% you could clearly make out it was a Gannet. I imagine I'd be ecstatic if I had run across one on the beach like you! I still go out there with the hopes that I'll get a better shot than a few pixels at 100%. ;)

10. Thanks Louie.

LOL :wink:, Unfortunately Gannets are all gone now except for maybe a sick or young one hanging around. Come late winter, gotta hit Jetty Park, where many will fly close to or even right over the fishing pier. Always a few in and around the inlet as well.
    We need to hook up in August/September Kevin and get a real good dose of shorebirds. I'll get a day off cleared with the Mrs. :rolleyes: when the time comes and shoot til we drop! Maybe make a cafe get together out of it!
    I'll keep you all posted when the action gets good.

11. Fremlin

Fremlin

Jan 29, 2006
    Scotland
    Stunning shots, gannets are actually pretty good looking birds.