Digital Picture Frame

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by thomamueller, Jun 29, 2007.

1. thomamueller

thomamueller

Jun 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    I was thinking about getting one to use at work. Does anyone have first hand experience and/or recommendations?

2. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    I've been looking at them also, but it has beens suggested that I would be better off getting a dedicated LCD TV, one that has a card reader. The smaller TV's @17-20 " have come down in price, and although they will cost more than say a $150.00 - $250.00 frame, I will have a larger image and much better resolution. I asked about longevity of the tV using it as a digital frame and was told they last upwards of 30,00 hours depending on the make. I'm still looking into the possibilities/options.

3. thomamueller

thomamueller

Jun 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks, TV angle is interesting since the cost is the same and they are larger.

4. I bought one for my husband for Father's day and pre-loaded it with pics. Resolution is 800x600, has 128Mb internal memory, will play MP3's with the slideshow, and can accept just about any card. I think it was in the low-mid $200 range, brand is Pandigital, 8" model.

5. thomamueller

thomamueller

Jun 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks. I see that PCMag rates it highly. BHPhoto does not sell it. I see Target does.

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    I bought a Pan Digital for Mothers Day. It is the only one I could find with a decent resolution....800 x 600. It was $145.00 at a local department store.....

7. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    PhotoVu makes some very nice ones. Their smallest is $149. I bough one a few months ago (direct from them) and am very happy with it. http://www.photovu.com/