Dinan E46 M3

Hey guys, went out over the holiday with a friend who just picked up this M3 - very cool car. However, didn't do too much planning and only had my 50 1.8 with a CP and my 18-70..No CP for this one ( :mad: ). Would've liked to keep the 50 on so i could utilize the CP for more shots, but did not have enough space to get the car in the frame with that length.

Anyway, on to the pics!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Real Name
Mark
The pictures subject wise are good. Everything is sharp and in focus and to my eyes composed well. :tup:

However, I would really like to see a follow up shoot with maybe a shallower DOF and less distracting background (maybe the shallow DOF could take care of the background issue?), such as a plain, industrial background or on top of a parking garage. Also in numbers 4,5, and 13, I have always been told its better to have the wheel turning out rather than in. Maybe someone with more car shooting experience could verify that? Look at some of the other really good car shoots on here or in some car brochures (BMW usually has some good photos). Keep up the good work! I wish I had friends with nice cars to photograph.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was disappointed with the background as well - The building you see in it is a great backdrop. Unfortunately someone came through between now and my last shoot there and boarded it up..its pretty ugly now. Since we were short on time, we just moved down the lane a little to get away from it - obviously not optimal.

As far as the wheels are considered, I've always been told to do as is for shoots - maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks for the tips!

Real Name
Mark
Maybe I read that in a motorcycle magazine. I'll do some research and get back to you. I always prefer turned out to the point you can still see the rim.

Number 1 isn't very sharp, since you're shooting a car, use the tripod to your advantage, still-life objects won't move.

And, I'd say composition needs a little work here. Try not to cramp up the entire car in the frame. Give it some room to breathe. [=

Jordan,

The funny part is #1 was actually sharp, but i forgot to change the ISO from last time i had the camera out, and shot it at 1000 i think..so a bunch of noise ninja later and we get some blur. still better than the noisy shot IMO - i did my best to save it.

Thank you for the advice though!

sweet car and sweet exhaust

but the photos need way more separation from the background and needs a street feel, not a rally feel ;)

keep it up though!

sweet car and sweet exhaust

but the photos need way more separation from the background and needs a street feel, not a rally feel ;)

keep it up though!
sorry for the delay - but thank you for the advice! I think this weekend i'll try to get it back out for a shoot..hopefully in a better area.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom