Dinner Time for Roseate Spoonbill Family

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flygirl1, Jun 24, 2007.

1. :smile:Well, I was not going to go today, to Gatorland, it was sooo hot:frown:, BUT I am glad I did!!:biggrin: The Spoonies gave us a nice treat just about 20 min from closing. Hope you enjoy as much as I did catching the action:smile:.

Mommy please!
    [​IMG]

OHHH Pleeeese!!!!
    [​IMG]

OK, OK, OK
    [​IMG]

And as I was leaving it started to rain and these cuties were just right there in front of me all huddled together
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking
    Nancy

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Nancy these are soooo good! Glad you went.

3. Beautiful Nancy

4. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    Very nice series...well worth fighting the heat!

5. Thanks a lot:smile:. Yes, so was I, for sure. It started to cloud over and so had to bump up the ISO to 500, which I do not like to do, but I think it came out ok. Processed with NX. I was using my Tamron 300 2.8 with the 1.4TC.

cheers
    Nancy

6. All thanks:smile:. I am thrilled with how they came out:biggrin:.

Nancy

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Very Nice Nancy, the last shot is so adorable and makes you want to cuddle, (I can't believe I just wrote that? :biggrin::eek:)

Cheers,

Wade

8. Thanks Wade:smile:. I won't tell anyone about the cuddle part:wink::smile:.

Nancy

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Nancy. I love the narrative. :smile:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    heehee
    Harris, Frank (Flew)and Harry are lookin good.....lolol
    (last image)

To cute.

Really nice Spoonies Nancy:>)))

11. Thanks a lot!:smile: It happened so quickly and then she was off again and we had to leave.

Nancy

You are naughtly, Gale, :tongue::biggrin:! Thanks. The conditions were not the greatest, for the light had really disappeared, but it was either up the ISO to 500 and take the shot or no shot. I am glad I took the shot, plus it showed me that ISO 500 can look ok, IF needed.

Nancy

12. Very nice series Nancy, love the last one.

Louie

13. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Interesting Legs

Noooo.....I'm not commenting on yours, but rather the apparent stalkiness of the tri colored heron youngsters!

Roseate Spoonbills are one of my favorite birds and this is the first time I've seen youngsters.....thanks!

14. Thanks:smile:. They were just so cute sitting there trying to protect themselves from the rain.

Stalky legs, well could be worse, :biggrin::biggrin::tongue:. Yes, I had noticed that when I was processing the pic. The spoonbill chicks were out all the time I was there, but mom only a quick visit. Other birds kept trying to muscle in on them when the mom was away. Great fun to watch:smile:.

Cheers
    nancy

15. Wow Nancy these are so nice. Love those little ones.

16. Thanks a lot:biggrin:!

Nancy