Diopter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbutchin, Mar 15, 2005.

1. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Is there such a thing as a diopter that will fit on the back of the D2h, not for the viewfinder, but for the image screen. Thanks.[/img]

2. Hoodman makes one for the D1 series - a D2 version is probably on the drawing board. do a search on B&H for "hoodman" and you will find a bunch of hoods and magnifiers for the LCD screens.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Todd. As one who is 'diopter challenged', this may be a big help for me. I'll definitely take your advice and check them out.

Frank

4. I use one with mine, it's called bifocals. Used by older ladies and gentlemen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon,

I almost always wear my reading glasses (diopter = 1.25) when I review my shots (chimp....;-)). I still can't read all of the blasted text in the LCD.... :(

Guess I need to get some stronger reading glasses.... :roll:

Frank

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hey guys, couldn't find anything in Hoodman - I could wear my glasses, but what a pain - my son's old gameboy had an accessory that was a magnifier - before I begin making one, any suggestions - can't believe Nikon doesn't make one - getting old is such a joy!

8. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Somewhere around work, years ago, we bought a full-page sized magnifier for a woman who couldn't see well. Local stationary stores should be able to get it. It was 8-1/2x11, and basically, fresnal design. If you cut one down to size, I'd bet it would fit under the LCD cover (assuming that model has a cover). You'd want the exact center, so only one per sheet. I don't think they were too bad, price wise. I've know I've spent more on a night of drinking (and I gave that up over 15 years ago!)

9. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
  10. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hey, found full sheet magnifiers at staples/office max - going to pick one up tonight and let you know how it works