Diopter

Is there such a thing as a diopter that will fit on the back of the D2h, not for the viewfinder, but for the image screen. Thanks.[/img]

Hoodman makes one for the D1 series - a D2 version is probably on the drawing board. do a search on B&H for "hoodman" and you will find a bunch of hoods and magnifiers for the LCD screens.

Thanks Todd. As one who is 'diopter challenged', this may be a big help for me. I'll definitely take your advice and check them out.

Frank

Gordon,

I almost always wear my reading glasses (diopter = 1.25) when I review my shots (chimp....;-)). I still can't read all of the blasted text in the LCD.... :(

Guess I need to get some stronger reading glasses.... :roll:

Frank

Hey guys, couldn't find anything in Hoodman - I could wear my glasses, but what a pain - my son's old gameboy had an accessory that was a magnifier - before I begin making one, any suggestions - can't believe Nikon doesn't make one - getting old is such a joy!

Somewhere around work, years ago, we bought a full-page sized magnifier for a woman who couldn't see well. Local stationary stores should be able to get it. It was 8-1/2x11, and basically, fresnal design. If you cut one down to size, I'd bet it would fit under the LCD cover (assuming that model has a cover). You'd want the exact center, so only one per sheet. I don't think they were too bad, price wise. I've know I've spent more on a night of drinking (and I gave that up over 15 years ago!)

Hey, found full sheet magnifiers at staples/office max - going to pick one up tonight and let you know how it works

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom