Diopter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbutchin, Mar 15, 2005.

1. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Is there such a thing as a diopter that will fit on the back of the D2h, not for the viewfinder, but for the image screen. Thanks.[/img]

2. Hoodman makes one for the D1 series - a D2 version is probably on the drawing board. do a search on B&H for "hoodman" and you will find a bunch of hoods and magnifiers for the LCD screens.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Todd. As one who is 'diopter challenged', this may be a big help for me. I'll definitely take your advice and check them out.

Frank

4. I use one with mine, it's called bifocals. Used by older ladies and gentlemen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon,

I almost always wear my reading glasses (diopter = 1.25) when I review my shots (chimp....;-)). I still can't read all of the blasted text in the LCD.... :( 

Guess I need to get some stronger reading glasses.... :roll:

Frank

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hey guys, couldn't find anything in Hoodman - I could wear my glasses, but what a pain - my son's old gameboy had an accessory that was a magnifier - before I begin making one, any suggestions - can't believe Nikon doesn't make one - getting old is such a joy!

8. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Somewhere around work, years ago, we bought a full-page sized magnifier for a woman who couldn't see well. Local stationary stores should be able to get it. It was 8-1/2x11, and basically, fresnal design. If you cut one down to size, I'd bet it would fit under the LCD cover (assuming that model has a cover). You'd want the exact center, so only one per sheet. I don't think they were too bad, price wise. I've know I've spent more on a night of drinking (and I gave that up over 15 years ago!)

9. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
  10. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hey, found full sheet magnifiers at staples/office max - going to pick one up tonight and let you know how it works

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.