1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dirty Thirty - fertility rite at B&H???

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by dzibead, Aug 16, 2009.

1. I FINALLY got to B&H while in NYC last week and it seems there's some kind of fertility program going on there because by the time I left, my lenses had reproduced and there was a dirty thirty in my bag. Here is my very first shot with this amazing lens - wide open on my D90. Irvine who relieved me of some cash in exchange for the lens, was kind enough to pose for my first shot (giving me his "attitude" pose). He's become Stranger #40 for my 100 Strangers project. He's a hoot!

3826161484_0de9a62abe_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  2. Dangerous place.

3. Very. Here are a few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

4. lexdiamonnyc

lexdiamonnyc

Mar 23, 2009
    nj/nyc
    nice pick up.............I was there today to waste some time while I waited for a friend, walked out with a new bag.....

definately leave the wallet at home before you go to B&H!!!!

5. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    congrats. you are going to love this lens.
    lol at Irvine...he looks like some patsy that adam sandler would use in his movies...got that funny look.
    love that last pic.

6. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Congrats Patti! Great Lens & Nice Shots...Oh & Irvine Is A Baaaaddd Dude!:smile:

7. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    I say it all the time.. I love my Dirty Thirty!

8. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    really like the last 2.....

9. The fish are good, the last one's great!:smile::smile:

10. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    great shots Patti, I LOVE that last one!

11. avyoung

avyoung

Dec 17, 2007
    Canada
    Looks great! You seem to be digging it!

12. mrluilou

mrluilou

Feb 15, 2009
    California
    very nice portrait !!! he's giving you that " whatchu talkin bout willis " face lol

13. Thanks all. Irvine was such a character. I must send off the photo to him. I seem to have more keepers with the Thirty than my 85 1.4 but I like the 85's bokeh much better. Nothing beats that 85's bokeh!l
    I used the Thirty at a club gig while away and was disappointed with the results but that was operator error not lens. I think I prefer my old D50 for that low light more than my new D90. Too bad I've promised to pass my D50 on to my daughter. What was I thinking?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.