Disappointed with my D200

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by dbirdsong, Dec 17, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I have to admit I am very disappointed with my D200.
    After all the talk about how great a camera it was going to be, even after playing with one for a little while this past Sunday.
    Why you might ask?
    Because I still don't have one :mad:
    The stores that I am on the list for still haven't either 1. gotten them in, 2. gotten enough of them in, or 3. want to take my money and give me one.
    Maybe next week I will be happy with mine, but at the moment I sit here disappointed in it.
    But my money is drawing interest in the bank... Well if you can call what banks give you in a checking account interest :cool:

2. Hey Dave, I can fix that interest problem for you.
    Just think if it sits in the bank long enough you can buy a D200 and a cup of coffee.

3. Or a roll of 24 exposure kodak film?:wink:

4. By an expensive lens...that's what I did to hold over my D200 craving.

5. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    As my D200 slowly makes its way on the back of a UPS truck from NJ to TX, I saw the heading and I nearly went into a panic -- did I make a mistake buying the camera too soon??!!

...but, you made me smile...

Oh, and according to UPS - barring road hazzards, my D200 should be in my hands this coming Thursday, 12/22... UPS: Keep those trucks a-hummin' along!! Papa needs his new toy!!:biggrin: :Happy:

6. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    I received mine yesterday, and let me tell you, it's everything I had hoped for and more. I shot some photos at home this morning of the mantle and fireplace, brick, photos, nick-nacks, etc. at iso1600, and then went to process it with Noiseware Pro, and guess what; there was not enough noise to bother with.

For the first time in years, I've found a camera that has everything in spades.

I'll post photos by tomorrow.

7. Nah...meet it at the UPS depot!!! I had a minor panic attack too when I saw the header! I am hinting, but I might have to wait until bonus time...Something about that new used D2H and are you sure you would rather have a D200?? Yup!!! No question about it!!! :biggrin:

8. Phil Howell

Phil Howell Guest

Mine's on its way from Robert's Imaging. It should be here on Wednesday.

I had put my name on their waiting list and was notified today that I had one waiting for me. I gave them a call and . . .

:smile:

9. I feel your pain.

I feel your pain. I'm #5 on the D200 list at Dury's in Nashville, and they only received 2. They are supposed to have more by the end of the year.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Patience patience!!! Anything special worth having is worth waiting for!:cool:

11. Not!! You know I have a lousy record when it comes to patience and photographic equipment! :biggrin:

Four months ago I nearly screamed my head off when the UPS driver forgot to deliver my priority 2 day package on their first delivery of the day as promised. I frantically checked the website to verify it's delivery (having paid an extra $40.00 to get it in my hands before the weekend). Then they came back to the office after hours and were about to leave the dreaded yellow slip when they saw me frantically running towards them, ID in hand, saying, you have my camera (used D2H) on that truck! Hand it over!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    D200???

There's a new Nikon out? Wow...you'd think I'd read something at DPR by now....hmmmm...guess it's a big secret.:biggrin: