Disc Golf is a sport....right?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Dave, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    While I was up in Nashville (actually Gallatin, but it's a suburb) over Memorial Day weekend, my wife and I had a chance to play disc golf with her cousins. It's only the 2nd time I've played (the first being "frisbee golf" at a summer camp) and it was pretty exciting. We enjoyed it enough to talk about getting some discs for ourselves as we know of at least one course near us.

Of course I had my D50 and Sigma 50-150 with me while we were playing. I only was able to take a few shots, but I thought they were different to say the least. Here I am (with my wife at the helm of the camera). She definitely captured an interesting look of concentration on my face.
    [​IMG]

Her little cousin taking his turn:
    [​IMG]

Her other cousin (the father of the son above)
    [​IMG]

Disc golf is a lot like regular golf...except being your own caddy is a lot easier as you only have a few discs to carry with you and not a whole slew of golf clubs and balls.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Disc golf is indeed a sport, and a very good one at that. Equipment is cheap and playing is free. Courses are unpaved. You can play in any condition and at your own speed. Players are friendly. Laughter is encouraged. And I could go on!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a fun thing for sure:>)))))))

4. bioalkemist

bioalkemist Guest

Disc golf absolutely is a sport! The best part is finding a frisbee some poor soul has lost. That is equivalent to finding a driver in ball golf. It feels like finding a pot of gold!

5. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Very true about finding a disc in the woods somewhere. We were looking for some as we searched for our own (my wife's mostly) but never came across one.