Discussion of my top 5 images

I have been primarily a landscape shooter. I seem to favor dark, moody images, and my top 20 reflected that "bias". I did have a couple of pictures from an engagement shoot that I did for some students, and some wildlife work. There was even some Z6 work in that elite selection. But in the end I had to honor the images that moved me the most and that affected my enjoyment the most.

1. June 2002.
Homer Spit, Kenai, Alaska. My son, the summer after he graduated from high school, contemplating the big world and opportunities all around him Nikon FM and Agfa slide film of some variety.
98b_070 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2.July 2008.
Last Rays.
Palouse prairie north of Moscow, ID. A favorite time of day.
SkylineB20.jpg

3. September 2008.
When dust, harvest and smoke collide.
I was out shooting with my son. It was very smoky (forest fires all over the West) there was dust from the wheat harvest on the Palouse and we saw grain truck drive down this road towards the setting sun, stirring up clouds. We stopped, pulled out our gear and fired of a few on this beautiful, if hellish, scene.
MOON01.jpg

4. October 2017.
Tyne Cot Cemetery near Ypres, Belgium, is the largest Commonwealth cemetery in the world, almost 12,000 buried here, with the names of another 35,000 men whose remains were never found. We were there at sunset, which made the place even more poignant!

Belg473_1_Nik.jpg

5. September 2018
The Last Straw.
End of the harvest on the Palouse, farmers round up the wheat stalks into gigantic bales the size of a VW. My first success at B&W conversion.

Red_0030_1_Nik.jpg

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
A super set with some great light.

I am fascinated by the folds in the landscape that we see in the Palouse Prairie shot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom