Disney World & Cruise - what to bring (already went)

My in-laws are gonna spoil us and I'm thrilled!

Now, what to bring?! My gear is in my signature, feel free to speculate/input :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it all fits in one bag...Why not take it all? Would that be a problem? I'd rather have it with me then to be without. Just my opinion :wink:

Guess the 28-105 and the 50. On board there are tons portrait type photo ops with the characters. But if you plan to do some shooting in the ports then you can decide what others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess the 28-105 and the 50. On board there are tons of photo ops with the characters. But if you plan to do some shooting in the ports then you can decide what others.

Im very close to this. I'd take the 28-105, Im tossing up between the 50 and 85 but leaning towards the 85.

I'd also consider taking the SB900 with you for night time stuff. Just in case

I love my 28-105, an outstanding lense.. and the 35 f2 for any low light or the 1.4 85.
that would be good

I hate to say it, but I don't like my 28-105. I think mine is of an older model.. soft, and bad abboration, or however you spell it.

I'd take the 16-50, the 85 f/1.4, and the 70-300. Leave the flashes at home or stick the SB600 in there if you insist. That setup gives you great coverage of the full range without much overlap. This assumes that the 16-50 is good at f/2.8. If not, I'd replace it with the 35 f/2 because on the cruise you'll need to be able to use f/2.8 or lower at the 35mm range.

oh the Tokina rocks..I'd buy another Tokina gladly.

Hahaha Nick...I would if I could, but I don't think you'd fit into my already bulging suit-case.

Sounds like so much fun. We went on a cruise last summer. I used my 17-55 f2.8 the most. Bet your Tokina will serve you well. The 35 f2 might be fun because you could use it for macro type shots and in lower light situations.

I bet your kids are going to LOVE the trip. Can't wait to see some photos.

I think Paul's solution is the best - walking around at Disney you'll want to travel light. I used a 24-120 and 70-300 when I was there. Used the 24-120 the most but there were those shots of the kids on rides that required the use of the 70-300.
Have a great time and be sure to visit 'It's a Small World' - that song will never leave your head!!!! (evil laugh)

I agree, I like Paul's suggestion...I guess I'll throw in the 28-105 , mostly for the convenient range.

Thanks Terri! I'm probably even more excited than they are..haha.. and the cruise has a kid club and a lab for the kids to spend time in. SO much fun.

Haha..okay V... I think I know that song from a show on PBS

Not photo related...

Bring those plastic suction cup hooks. We stuck then in the shower/bath to hang your wet bathing suits.

Also, I went on DIS Boards and got with a group to do Fish Extender "gift" exchange. It was really fun to come back to the cabin and find neet little presents. My son loved it.

Photo related, bring it all. It is a fun time!

Latest threads

Top Bottom