Disney World, December, 2010 (part I)

This past December, we spent a week in Disney World, because my daughter's Pop Warner Cheer Squad competed for the National Championship. Not that I really need a reason to go ;-)

While waiting for our room to be ready at Port Orleans Riverside, we spent the day at Epcot.

1) My daughters, turning the table on me just as we entered the park:

Acorns Turning The Table On The Tree by dgwphotography, on Flickr

2)One of the street performers in Italy, explaining that she was La Befana, the good witch that brings gifts to children on the Epiphany:

I'm a witch, dahling... by dgwphotography, on Flickr

3)Welcome To Mexico!

Welcome To Mexico by dgwphotography, on Flickr

4)Tomb Warriors - A minature recreation of the Terracotta Warriors, an eight thousand strong underground army buried in front of the Emperor Qinshihuang's tomb to defend him in the afterlife at the EPCOT Center's China Pavilion.

Tomb Warriors by dgwphotography, on Flickr

5) Seagulls are everywhere ;-)

View attachment 887518
Are You Going To Take My Picture, Or Not? by dgwphotography, on Flickr

6)Matsuriza is a percussion troupe that performs a traditional Japanese drum show at the Japan Pavilion

Matsuriza by dgwphotography, on Flickr

7)Teddy Roosevelt in The American Experience.

I can't say enough good things about this show. Yes, I wish it could have been longer, but my wife and I walked out of there with such a feeling of pride. Definitely recommended.

Speak Softly... by dgwphotography, on Flickr

8)Spaceship Earth

This is an example of VR coming to save the day. Everyone else was tired, and wanting to go back to the room, and I was just able to take a quick snap hand held before rushing off to the bus with the others. ISO 1600 @ 1/20 with the Nikkor 16-85:

Spaceship Earth by dgwphotography, on Flickr

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
These are fantastic!!! I really like the ones of your daughters. All of the images are clear, sharp, colorful and detailed; well done, Dave!

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Very good to see this Dave! Really, this make me long to visit Disney again. I've been to Disney Paris and Disney Florida, but I would love to go again!

Great shots. We used to go a lot but my daughter has gotten older and we havent been in a while. Kind of miss it, kind of dont.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always love to see Disney photos! Our trip is planned for early June. Can you say hot and humid! Thanks for sharing the photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hopefully it won't be too hot in June - have fun on your trip - I hope you post your shots here :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom