1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Disney World, December, 2010 (part I)

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by dgwhitham, Apr 20, 2011.

1. dgwhitham

dgwhitham

Dec 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    This past December, we spent a week in Disney World, because my daughter's Pop Warner Cheer Squad competed for the National Championship. Not that I really need a reason to go ;-)

While waiting for our room to be ready at Port Orleans Riverside, we spent the day at Epcot.

1) My daughters, turning the table on me just as we entered the park:

5470360943_42a124b9e7_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Acorns Turning The Table On The Tree by dgwphotography, on Flickr

2)One of the street performers in Italy, explaining that she was La Befana, the good witch that brings gifts to children on the Epiphany:

5262665841_6d5d3f52f2_o.jpg

I'm a witch, dahling... by dgwphotography, on Flickr

3)Welcome To Mexico!

5276490917_d4016106c2_o.jpg

Welcome To Mexico by dgwphotography, on Flickr

4)Tomb Warriors - A minature recreation of the Terracotta Warriors, an eight thousand strong underground army buried in front of the Emperor Qinshihuang's tomb to defend him in the afterlife at the EPCOT Center's China Pavilion.

5342714448_6e2d2471e7_o.png

Tomb Warriors by dgwphotography, on Flickr

5) Seagulls are everywhere ;-)

View attachment 887518
    Are You Going To Take My Picture, Or Not? by dgwphotography, on Flickr

6)Matsuriza is a percussion troupe that performs a traditional Japanese drum show at the Japan Pavilion

5353767147_0f5819e97b_o.jpg

Matsuriza by dgwphotography, on Flickr

7)Teddy Roosevelt in The American Experience.

I can't say enough good things about this show. Yes, I wish it could have been longer, but my wife and I walked out of there with such a feeling of pride. Definitely recommended.

5335270305_554a3bda30_o.jpg

Speak Softly... by dgwphotography, on Flickr

8)Spaceship Earth

This is an example of VR coming to save the day. Everyone else was tired, and wanting to go back to the room, and I was just able to take a quick snap hand held before rushing off to the bus with the others. ISO 1600 @ 1/20 with the Nikkor 16-85:

5339495866_8a942018bd_o.jpg

Spaceship Earth by dgwphotography, on Flickr

2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

These are fantastic!!! I really like the ones of your daughters. All of the images are clear, sharp, colorful and detailed; well done, Dave!

3. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Very good to see this Dave! Really, this make me long to visit Disney again. I've been to Disney Paris and Disney Florida, but I would love to go again!

4. darylb

darylb

Dec 15, 2008
    FL
    Great shots. We used to go a lot but my daughter has gotten older and we havent been in a while. Kind of miss it, kind of dont.

5. dgwhitham

dgwhitham

Dec 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  6. JLBrown

JLBrown

Jan 2, 2011
    Big D
    I always love to see Disney photos! Our trip is planned for early June. Can you say hot and humid! Thanks for sharing the photos.

7. dgwhitham

dgwhitham

Dec 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hopefully it won't be too hot in June - have fun on your trip - I hope you post your shots here :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.