Dive right in and help yourself...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sommer, Dec 20, 2005.

1. 75706978_3062bf8bf0_o.

Is it strange that after about 3 months away from photography, this is what inspired me to pick up my camera? This was taken through the kitchen window and storm window, so it's not the greatest, but I couldn't resist! We've been watching these squirrels since they were babies, and this one just opened up the birdfeeder and climbed right in. I guess when you're hungry, you're hungry!

And not unlike my squirrel friend, I'm going to dive in too...(back into photography though, not the birdfeeder :smile: )! After a rough few months, life has gotten much better for us. Many thanks to those of you who PM'd and said prayers and kept positive thoughts for my daughter. She had surgery the day before Thanksgiving and is finally fully recovered. She's back to tearing up the soccer field, pirouetting across the dance floor and begging me for horseback riding lessons. So far, the surgery has been a huge success and her health is much improved. We have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season!

So my holiday plan is to get to know my camera again so I can rejoin the cafe and maybe take a good photo or two! I'm looking forward to it!

2. Welcome back, Sommer, and what a cute little friend.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

3. Welcome back Sommer. I did not know of your Daughter's issues, but am delighted at what you just said.
    Neat story on the squirrel!
    Dave

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sommer, I also was not aware of your daughter's problems, but I'm very happy that they are resolved. I can't imagine how stressful that must have been.

Very glad to have you back. :smile:

5. Sommer...so sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish her a get well and good to hear she is back on the soccor field.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sommer,
    That image is just priceless :>)) I love it.
    I think the mood and through the window turned out great.

Glad your daughter is better Sommer.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hi Sommer... Glad to see your getting back into using your D70...
    I am also glad to hear that Melissa is doing better... I need her to take a new aviator picture of me...
    Have a great Christmas...

8. Great picture Sommer! Wonderful to hear that all is fine with your daughter.
    Best wishes for great Holidays and I look forward to your next pictures!

9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Welcome back Sommer, we missed you. Our prayers are with you and your daughter for continued progress.
    BTW: Little girls and horses are nature's medicine for each other.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome back, Sommer. It is great to hear the Melissa is doing well after her surgery and that she is an active young lady again. I hope that the worst is well behind her now and that each day forward is filled with joy and laughter. I can only imagine that this Christmas will be more special because Melissa is feeling herself again. Happy Holidays!

11. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Welcome back Sommer, very glad to hear that you will all have a great Christmas.
    Little girls with horses on their minds get expensive, but who cares!:smile:

12. Thank you, Phil, Dave, Frank, Melissa, Gale, Dave, Frits, Bob, Frank and Rob! I appreciate the warm welcome back and sentiments for my daughter...you all make this a fantastic place to be!