1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dive School

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by mysh, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mysh

mysh

Jul 3, 2010
    USA
    Here is a dive school built into the end of Playa Blanca near Santa Marta Colombia

Alittle comparison between HDR and 0 exp. Technically this shot doesn't need HDR so the 0 exp is well exposed on its own. Does show some of the pros and cons of HDR

5576987236_9ac3b1762a_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5570457462_54be9f0bba_b.jpg

This type of naturally loud green gives me the hardest time in PP. I always struggle to find the tone I like. Its a common issue for me in jungle type areas

5576552213_cb8bb7d5ef_b.jpg

2. I like the first one best. To me, the others look overdone. Let's go diving.

3. I like all 3 actually ...
    guess it depends on what you like as far as HDR is concerned ....
    but you have a nice shot whether you HDR it or not ...

ron

4. First or third are my favorites, the second seems a little over processed, but the clouds after the pp, especially in the third are really fantastic. The greens and building look best in the first less processed shot. If you could use a layer mask to overlay the edited clouds on the less processed landscape, it may make for an interesting shot as well.

5. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Don't like all of them, because I'm not there:frown::frown::frown:!

Earnestly, I like #1 very much. I think it looks 'natural'. The other two are overdone, especially #3.

6. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    The first is the most realistic, the other two are great but of course processed.

7. mysh

mysh

Jul 3, 2010
    USA
    Thanks, its easy to get overdone when the shot really doesn't need the HDR. If I keep the processing completely real then it looks not much different then the 0 exp. I do like the detail I get in the sky on the HDR but overall the 0 exp is more natural looking

Here is #3 0 exp

5579336049_9c539d8cc5_b.jpg

8. I like 1 and 3, but 3 the best. If printed on canvas this could look like a stunning painting.

James

9. Number 1 is far and away the best to my taste. Spectacular!

10. sektor 11

sektor 11

Oct 12, 2010
    cincinnati
    I agree with everyone else, the first is the best. It's inviting and warm feeling, I want to be there. The second with the HDR makes the water and sky look cold, or maybe like a storm is coming.

11. Agree the first seems perfect. #3 especially seems overprocessed. Great shot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.