Divine light

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Frits, May 28, 2005.

1. Another shot inside an old Cathedral in Montreal, when visiting with Rich Gibson, his wife Carolyn and Yves (a.k.a. Boobie Joe) earlier this week.
    This old Canadian church is all finished in carved wood.

Frits

[​IMG]

2. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Wow, beautiful shot. The colours in there are incredible, I love the yellows/gold on the blues, really good mix of warm and cool. Do you know how old this cathedral is?

What church is this, I've only been to the Notre Dame downtown Montreal and I don't recall it looking this nice.

Joel.

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I like it Frits
    Great work

OT Two days of 30 degrees Celcius over here no worry Monday 15 wih rain again

4. Joel,
    This is the Notre-Dame Basilica in Old Montreal. It is a Neo-Gothic church, which dates back from the early 1800's. On its site was an older chuch, which had to make place for this one.
    It is pretty non-descript from the outside, but the interior is awesome.

5. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Yeah, thats the one I went to a number of years ago (say about 10 years ago), but I don't remember it looking so nice. I was more in a hurry that time but wow!! I gotta go back then!!

Thanks for the info!

Joel.

6. Hi Frits,

Very nice picture - I like the atmosphere!

Thanks for sharing.

7. Rob G.

Rob G. Guest

Nice capture.
    I really like the atmosphere.
    And divine light it is...

Regards,
    Rob.