1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

DIY Collapsible Light tent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pdoes, May 5, 2007.

1. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    Yeah what can I say, I'm bored anyway another DIY project.

DIY Collapsible Light Tent

Ever wanted to take pictures of small items around your house and make them look like it was done at a studio? It's possible with some items around your home and a trip to your local craft store. It's going to cost you around $15 but its money well spent. If you were to order a similar setup from a photography store, your looking to spend near a $100.

http://jpgmag.com/stories/458

2. Great information, thanks.

3. ptchan5

ptchan5

Apr 21, 2007
    California, USA
    I did the same thing with pvc pipes and a sheet from IKEA, which was $4.99. I bought lamps from the hardware store, as well as daylight fluorescent bulbs. There was a suggestion to hole punch the posterboard and put screws in the top pipe so you can easily swap out the background. I think I found a link on the cafe somewhere..do a search.

Peter, what settings do you use on your camera? Because it is so bright in the light tent, do you spot meter and stop down your lens so you can everything in focus? I found the best way was to go manual, but I'd love to hear your success settings.

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.