Dk-17m & dk-19

I recently picked up a DK-17M, 1.2 magnifier and a DK-19 eyecup for my D3S.
I am totally amazed at the difference. I would recommend this combo for anyone who is experiencing diminishing eyesight caused by normal aging. I wish I would have done this quite some time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using the same combo on my d700 for the past year, and don't know how I managed without it. It's even made it possible for me to use vintage MF lenses.

Note: You have a typo in your post, Dave. The dk-17m is only a 1.2X magnifier.

Do either of you have any trouble seeing the info display at the bottom of the viewfinder with this device? That was a common reviewer complaint for the DK-21M which fits the D7000.

Do either of you have any trouble seeing the info display at the bottom of the viewfinder with this device? That was a common reviewer complaint for the DK-21M which fits the D7000.
The info display is still easy to read on my d700, Jim.

I've been using the same combo on my d700 for the past year, and don't know how I managed without it. It's even made it possible for me to use vintage MF lenses.

Note: You have a typo in your post, Dave. The dk-17m is only a 1.2X magnifier.
Thanks Uncle Frank
My thread has been edited based on your new information.

So can you use it with glasses?
yes. I wear glasses and use the DK-17m on my D700 and it's fine. However, depending on your eyeglass, you might have trouble seeing the bottom portion of your viewfinder. Best way to find out is to try it yourself. I've been recommending the DK-17m to everyone who's new to the D700 and they're very happy with it.

I've also tried the DK-21m on the D90 and it's great. It made the D90's VF look like a D700's. I sold the D90 but kept the DK-21m. Someday when I buy a D7000, I'm planning on using it again.

yes. I wear glasses and use the DK-17m on my D700 and it's fine. However, depending on your eyeglass, you might have trouble seeing the bottom portion of your viewfinder. Best way to find out is to try it yourself. I've been recommending the DK-17m to everyone who's new to the D700 and they're very happy with it.

I've also tried the DK-21m on the D90 and it's great. It made the D90's VF look like a D700's. I sold the D90 but kept the DK-21m. Someday when I buy a D7000, I'm planning on using it again.
Sounds good. Thanks.

Maybe your eyes aren't old enough yet. Give it time.
Ha, ha. I'm getting there. I do use cheaters for reading, but fortunately, that's the only time I need them.

I do like the DK-19, though. When I bought my D700, I also bought a DK-19 to go with it.

Options are great!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom