DK-20 Rubber Eyecup...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Seymore, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Seymore

    Seymore Guest

    Does anyone know where we can get these? Looks like Nikon is slacking as far as supplying these to distributors. I need one for my D70.
  2. heiko


    May 15, 2005
    I saw that it's sold out on B&H. However, perhaps you like to consider another alternative for an eyepiece / eyecup combination:

    1. Nikon eyepiece adapter #2370
    Nikon eyepiece adapter

    2. Nikon Finder Eyepiece for FM, FE & FA series cameras (fits on the above eyepiece adapter, but please check with the store as I'm not a 100% sure!!!!!)
    Nikon finder eyepiece #2925 for FM, FE & FA series - should fit on Nikon Eyepiece adapter #2370

    3. Nikon DK-3 rubber eyecup, fits on above Nikon eyepiece adapter and finder eyepiece
    Nikon DK-3 rubber eyecup
    P.S.: It's currently out of stock at B&H.

    Here a compatibility chart:
    Nikon eyepiece compatibility chart

    You may want to check this source, but I haven't dealt with them so this is NOT a recommendation:

    I use this combination on my D70 and it's much better than the original eyepiece. It also doesn't get lost so easily, although my eyepiece adaptor got broken on one side. To assemle, you have to put the eyecup on the adapter and screw in the eyepiece, which is a little fiddly. Pay attention not to damage the thread on the adapter, as this is of plastic and gets easily damaged.

    Hope this suggestion helps.

    P.S.: If you wear glasses, you may want to try a diopter eyepiece. They are more easily available than the standard eyepieces.

    Good luck!
  3. Try ACE Photo, 703 430-3333. I just bought the DK-17 magnifying eyepiece (is this what you're referring to) from them.

  4. Seymore

    Seymore Guest

    Thanks for the links, and the ideas Heiko. Actually, I'd rather get the eyepiece meant for the D70s/D70/D50. It's much cheaper, and I'm planning on getting 2 of um.

    What I'm looking for Rich is the eyepiece that comes with the D70s/D50... and fits on the D70. The D70 originally came with a cheap rubber eyepiece, and I want to replace it.

    BTW, tell me more about the DK-17. Do I understand correctly that it just magnifies the middle of the image? Does it also change the amount of the image you see thru the viewfinder? With the D70(s) you only see 95% of the final image thru the viewfinder. Any thoughts?
  5. Seymore

    Seymore Guest

    UPDATE: Found um...

    Ok... found that Adorama had them in stock. Got a couple inbound. Thanks again for all the help.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.