'Do Any Of You Read The Magazines - If So Which Ones?'

As a fledgling newbie, I sometimes find myself glancing at the photog magazines on the racks. Although I haven't purchased one yet, the thought has crossed my mind a few times.

Just wondering what you folks read (if you do)....Tks:smile:

I was given a gift subscription to Outdoor Photographer. There are some useful articles in there from time to time. The problem with most publications, not just photography based ones, is that 2/3 of the pages are advertising. I would not have a problem with if it were a free publication, but paying to read advertisements is a drag. Fortunately a lot of these articles are also available on the magazine's website, so it doesn't hurt to look every few weeks for new and interesting articles.

I take other magazines and look at the pictures. does that count? :tongue: But in all seriousness, ive read Outdoor Photographer also, its pretty interesting. Ive looked through some others, i forget the names though hahaha =/

I got a subscription to Popular after just reading my library copy for 25 years. $7.00, what the heck.

Leica Photography International is stopped, View Camera is stopped. Camera Art is stopped. That`s about $150 a year.

I read Digital Photography at the library and save the $50.00.

I've never subscribed to a photography magazine and seldom read them. Much more information is available on the internet now.

However, I purchased a copy of Nature Photographer a few weeks ago, and I have been quite impressed with it. They give complete technical data on every image published.

I may subscribe to it.

If I may add some international flavor:

After buying and reading the most popular photo mags for several years here in Germany, I quitt. All they do is reporting about new equipment (don't need all this updated info on coolpix-like cameras), testing new equipment (but only the most popular equipment like the latest 18+ zooms -- don't need that either), sometimes nice photoshop tips and very seldom interesting shooting tips (you will get more and better information when reading a good book or, of course, browsing the internet).

And, btw, $ 7 for a year long subscription would be a dream here, since this is more like the price for a copy.

However, while regularly checking the BJP website, I learned that nowadays it may not be the best time to visit the UK with a camera :eek::tongue:.

I subscribe to Pop Photo, Shutterbug, and Outdoor Photographer. I find better info here and on other forums like byThom.
I sometimes buy Digital Photography How-to-Guide ,and the British ones , Digital Photo and Practical Photography.The British ones sometimes have CDs for photoshop, but you can find better ones on you-tube.
The Dig Photography How-to-guide has been helpful.
These British ones emphasize Canon. Anyone know the name of one more for Nikon.?
I'm going to Barnes and Noble later , they have a very big selection to peruse. They have more than Borders.
I have bought other magazines if they have a few articles on macro or hdr or landscape that I want to read.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom