1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Do I need a Release ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drosskennedy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I took a Photo of a River at a State park. In the River were two Fly Fishermen can't really make out there Faces. I am wanting to use it in a Photo Contest for a calender if it is picked you get $25.00. Do I need a Release ? Thanks Ross

2. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    "Cant' really make out there faces".

That's the key. Could their friends or family tell it was them if they saw the photo?

3. A cable release cant correct distance. Is the reason you cant make out the faces because the fisherman were too far away?

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Unless you are selling the photograph commercially (entering an amateur contest is usually not considered a commercial sale, even if there is a monetary prize,) generally the answer is no. Does the contest specify that a release is required?

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I think he means a release statement that gives him the right to use images of the people in the picture.

6. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.