Do we have any kind of D300 feature request thread??

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by MMarz, Jul 24, 2008.

1. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Not that I expect Nikon to come searching here for my input but I sure would like to see the two following items in the next software update..

1. Ability to assign two functions to the DoF Preview button
    2. Ability to assign Custom Setting A4-Focus with Lock-on to the Function button

That is all.

2. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Do you think there will be any features added to the D300? I would hope for just a few tweaks in af (if that is possible.)

3. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Don't know any inside info, but the D300 is still top dog in DX format. And so far we got tweaks, not upgrades.

I guess I just felt better throwing my thoughts out there.

I can't understand why the DoF Preview button can't be treated the same as the Function button.. And for birders the ability to turn off Lock-On without having to go to even the MyMenu would be huge.

4. I would love to see Nikon add a +/- 2 stop setting in the bracketing mode. Having to shoot a 5 frame bracket sequence of +2, +1, 0, -1, -2 and then throw away the +/- 1 is a pain.

Roger...

5. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    When the firmware came out for the D3 and D300 Tom Hogan said the D3 firmware had many more items in it than the D300 because the techs were working on the D700 and a lot of what they came up with could be added to the D3 easily.

There seems to be no need to get people working on upgrading the D300 firmware now. Perhaps, if a new DX camera came out, some features could be applied to the D300 through firmware, but right now it seems techs would be working on other, future products.

I never owned a D200. Were there any upgrades to firmware after the D300 came out?

6. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Sadly, what you say makes sense.

I had a D200, but I bought it after the last firmware update..

7. I'm looking for seperation of images - so if you shoot RAW + JPG they can be stored in seperate folders.

Doubt that will happen :frown:

8. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I like the fact they are in the same folder. I cull with Photo Mechanic. When I choose to get rid of an image both the nef and jpg are deleted at once.

9. I'd love it if the temp settings you used such as exp. comp. reset back to zero after you shut down

10. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Set Custom Setting b4 to On (Auto Reset). Any Exp Comp you dial in will reset when you turn the camera off or the meter times off.

The compromise is that you will also be able adjust exp comp without pressing the EV Comp button.. this may or may not be a show stopper...

11. Auto ISO Min Shutter Speed

Shooting Menu /
    ISO Sensitivity Settings /
    Minimum Shutter Speed /

Increase
    From 1/250 sec
    To 1/2000 sec