Do women only talk to you because of your camera?

Discussion in 'People' started by Jonathan F/2, Jun 20, 2005.

1. I'm beginning to feel that way. I seem to get a lot more attention when I'm carrying my D2H mounted to a bracket with flash and quantum pack. It's almost like a magical item that increases your level of attraction. :shock:

Anyways, I put that magic to use last night when I met this beautiful Israeli girl and her friends. I was on the job, but managed to squeeze a couple frames before letting these ladies go on their way! I have to admit, they had some nice teeth on them...:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Maybe it's because I don't have the quantum pack but I can't seem to attract this type of subject. Course living in the middle of the desert my have something to do with it. Nice images Jonathan.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Jonathan, you do what you do so well, so I'm sure that you exude confidence when you are working and that is what draws the ladies! :) I've noticed that your shots always have such nice skin tones...and for what seems to be mostly club shots and the like, that can't be easy...well done!

4. Hi Leigh,

I usually blurt things out like "smile for me beautiful!" or "give some love for the camera!" or "ladies, I need a kiss!" :p

Sometimes the right words invoke the right response that makes the picture!

5. Zulu-

Zulu- Guest

When I say that i get 5 on the side :p :p

Cheers

6. You know I think my wife would agree with Jonathan. Whenever we travel somewhere I always have young women coming up to me to ask me to take a photo in front of whatever scenic building we are near. We have traveled to 15-20 different countries and it has happened daily in each and every one. I always tell her it is my camera they key in on, but maybe it is my magnetic personality. :lol:

7. Teeth? I did not see any teeth. nice work Jonathan

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I seem to have the opposite effect on women :-/

Tell me about this Quantam pack. I need something like that. My batts take an eternity to recharge!

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Man, 500 bucks for lasting flash power???

Whaddya think, I'm made out of money? ;) I'm not a pro shooter, never will be, so I doubt I'll ever have much use for THAT kind of hp! So, how much for the "Single Turbo" model?

10. I got mine used for 200 bucks including flash cord. I need to get the cell replaced soon, but from what i was told, it's only a 70 dollar replacement and they refit your old pack to brand new standards.

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hmm, what's the recycle time on the single?

Tell me a little bit aobut it. Is it consistantly fast to recharge? What about this 2x2 jobbie. How is it better?

12. The recharge is practically instant. The 2x2 is nice if you're shooting with 2 flashes and/or if you want to power the camera and the flash at the same time.

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    As for attracting the ladies ... where do you stash your quantum pack? ;)

(Nevermind, it's rhetorical. It's you they're after Jonathan.)

14. The ladies just cross the street when they see me.

Brian

15. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

16. Jay Keller

Jay Keller Guest

I was in Berkeley Sunday with the D2X and I must have had 4 people stop me to ask about it. Never got that with my D70 :wink:

This was taken in the hat shop.

[​IMG]