Do ya get the point?

A color photo of all parts of the broken wine glass is displayed at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/it-happened-again.323181/

Setup
The background is translucent vellum lit from behind by a small continuous-light lamp. That setup outlined the transparent glass in dark tones.

Focus Stacking
Eight focus-bracketed images captured using Nikon step size 3 were stacked using the default setting of Helicon Focus software.

Mike 2020-07-09--001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Ron!

Good idea on the background, I need to try that.
It's not my idea; it's straight out of the book, Light: Science & Magic. For the most control, I would have filled the frame with the background, no more and no less. I was really happy with the results before going to that trouble, so I left it as is not even knowing the degree to which the background was that way.

Very well executed Mike.
See you've set up your equipment to take a pic and suddenly, yet another glass gets "accidentally" broken shortly afterwards again.

Last edited:
Really beautiful, Mike!
Glad to see one of your broken glass images again.
The original posing of the glass definitely adds an edge to the image.

Very well executed Mike.
See you've set up your equipment to take a pic and suddenly, yet another glass gets "accidentally" broken shortly afterwards again.
Mike will soon convert his kitchen and dining room into permanent studios, each with its own lighting, backdrops and such. All the better to capture life as it happens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom