1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Do ya wanna bake some cornbread?

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mike Buckley, Jan 14, 2019.

1. I actually set this up only for the photo and never had a plan to make the cornbread, though that might happen in about a week.

Setup
    The tabletop is a floor tile and the background is textured white art paper. Two small continuous-light lamps fitted with diffusion socks were on the left and right sides.

Mike 2019-01-13--004-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Now you've done it---I'm hungry for cornbread, and it's going on my bed time :cool: 
    Has a nice old-timey feel. Nicely done Mike.

3. Nice, now I want some chili.

4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

No Jiffy box mix for you; you go for the real thing! :D 

5. Thanks, everyone!

Actually, I've never made cornbread from scratch; I have always used a mix. That might change this weekend.

6. Considering my friend recently made the best from scratch cornbread I've ever had, this is making me salivate! The vintage processing is so perfect for such a timeless recipe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks, Dossy! If you and your friend want to share that recipe here, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would appreciate it.

8. I actually don’t have it. If I can get her to share with me, it would be my pleasure to post it. Btw, not only was it noted above “no Jiffy box,” but I noticed the bag of stone ground corn meal. That’s some good baking!

9. That corn meal is white. I assume I would use yellow for making cornbread, though I really don't know.

10. Cornbread from scratch is just about as easy as opening a box of Jiffy mix. I've made a marbled bread--poured in white, yellow and blue batters. Or you can add "adjuncts" such as whole corn or diced chillies, cheese, or onion.

11. What are your favorites?

12. Those are my favorites; corn is most common. Chillies if the audience is game. Cheese if I expect the bread to be eaten over 2 days and need re-heating (it helps with moisture). Onion, usually red in a large dice for color/"crunch". My son has added caramelized onions.

13. Another vote for the beautiful vintage processing, Mike!

14. Has a 1920-30's feel to the photo. I like it...

15. Thank you Nick for the cooking details and to Bart and olshroom for their nods about the photography.

16. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

A long time ago, I made a broccoli cheese cornbread from scratch. I found a recipe in an old cookbook and copied it. It was fabulous and I wanted to make it again, but lost the recipe.

I've also had chili cornbread and loved it.

17. Lyndee,
    If you enter broccoli cheese cornbread several are listed.
    Just a matter of which one resembles your lost recipe.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.