Do You Do Polls?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbenic, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. What's a poll?

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Do you typically take the polls on websites? I usually don't, but if it is interesting, I will.

How 'bout you. Do you do polls?

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, especially if I find the subjectmatter interesting. I find that most of the polls that I participate in are sports related.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Now that's funny. Not just a poll asking if 'you do polls', but the fact that most of the answers in the poll are no!

4. I pretty much never do polls unless I know the people doing it. I have participated in a few on this forum and some family polls and that is pretty much it.

5. Greg, polls are fine if you use them properly and wisely.

However, due to my business, I prefer Behavioral Psychograms where I get the info I can use... and before you ask what is this, let me explain...

This very same poll would be as follows (roughly) :

What would be your reaction on a poll request?
    a. I've had enough
    b. I'm always eager to answer
    c. I'll bite but I prefer anonymity
    d. What is it for me to win

Of course, this is a simplification of a one-answer-poll (that I NEVER do) since the best way to "extract" information is by giving someone the feeling that he really serves a good purpose and the things you need to know are never asked strightforwardly...

OK, it's too early to expand on this... :wink:

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    This is the only site that I do polls on.

7. I don't do online polls, except for here, but I do occasionally answer telephone polls, but I first say "how long is it and can you talk quickly?". Funny story about one: the woman was speaking quickly and I was still reading something on my screen so not paying close attention at first. It was about a certain political party in Canada (I support one party for my province but another party for national leadership, don't ask, it's difficult to explain).... When I got to the part where I said "I'd be embarrassed worldwide to have "x" as my Prime Minister, he's such a dufus", there was a long pause at the other end and she said "that's the party I'm actually calling about" I nearly fell off my chair laughing, and then I had to apologize to her and try to convince her that I hadn't set her up, I'd honestly made a mistake. She was very good about it, and she ended with "so, I guess we can't count on your support in a federal election then" Ahhhh, nope!
    [​IMG]

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [highlight]Response edited by moderator for political content[/highlight] But it was funny!

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I only participate in online polls on the cafe.

At home, if I'm in a rather grumpy mood and somehow a phone poll sneaks past my do not call, or privacy director i'll take it but completly waste the callers time and not be very co-operative, or work on my impressions of characters from my favorite movies etc all at the expense of some telemarketer.

Thanks,

10. I do polls at the Cafe' only.

11. Future PM

Sandi

I would love to read the reply to your post. Agreed that Harper needs some work on his wardrobe...and explaining the split voting is complicated.

The simple way to think about it is that at the provincial level blue is red, and red is blue while at the federal level red is blue and blue is red except in BC where red isn't blue all the time, but orange, except when orange is really red (Canadian red) and red is actually blue (Canadian blue). Politics is a very dull topic in Canada.

My son, Graeme, I think has a better chance, sartorially speaking than Mr. Harper, at least based on this one taken by his sister.

51638652.CoolDude2.

Taken Thanksgiving Sunday at Bronte Creek Provincial Park.

12. Thanks for that very easy explanation of something I've tried so hard to into word, Mark!! *LOL* Hey, that kiddo of yours looks like Sherpa age - does he wanna job!!!????? Seriously, very nice pic of a good looking lad. And nice to see Serengetti aviators are back - have to dig mine out!!

13. He is getting close to Sherpa age, and will be looking for a job soon...

This weekend he'll be volunteering as a 'patient' at my First Aid class.

Oh, the aviators are mine, so the cool quotient might not be all that high.

Mark