Do you find yourself wanting to MUNCH while on the computer??

OMG!! Everytime I get on the computer I want to snack on something. I try to buy healthy snack foods but who wants to eat healthy stuff all the time.:rolleyes: I also buy sugarless come to try to stay away from wanting to feed my face all the time.

Or is it just me.:eek:

I have a bar of dark chocolate in my desk drawer. There is about 10% left. It's been there about two weeks. Other than bringing in breakfast, that's the only snacking i've done at my computer at work recently.

I'm a writer and when I'm writing I have a lot of nervous energy. The only thing that helps sometimes is some salty snack close at hand -- pretzels, sunflower seeds, oriental rice crackers, salted soy beans, pumpkin seeds. You name it I've probably tried it.

Debbie, munch is my middle name--especially mid afternoon or late at night! I seem to go for nuts and similar stuff, but an occasional, or not so occasional, glass or more of wine is equally common.
Sometimes at work I eat lunch at my desk and the greasy food sold on campus does not sit well with the keypad or the touchpad!!!!

I work on the computer all day... If I "snacked" while on the computer I would weigh a solid ton. I keep a glass of cold water on a little pad and I drink a lot of water. It is healthy, it helps keep my hydrated and quenches hunger pangs.

I've spent most of my working life in front of a computer, and walking to the kitchen for snacks is sometimes the only exercise I get. I've achieved a very healthy weight... for a sumo wrestler. If you figure out how to break the habit, post it here!

I used to when I used to game alot. :)

As of late I've been on a diet, so no real cravings for me. I just eat small meals at set times xD

I buy $60/week of pure junk food that I keep in my bedroom next to my desk. I always have a 2-3 jumbo bags of frito lay chips and powerade.

Lately I've noticed that its far more convenient to chow down in the kitchen cuz the cleanup is easier.

In the past 10 yrs, I've never spilt soda in the keyboard until last month. Keyboard still works perfect!

I eat probably 6,000 calories a day. Thank god of my body type (I'm skinny: BMI 19.8)

mmmmmmmmmmm......
EJR_6247.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hot tea + chocolate = win
EJR_2120.JPG

2 fudge popsicles, 3 frozen ice pops, 3 cups of berry apple sauce, sunflower seeds. I think I was about to watch a movie then. ^^
EJR_6206.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I work from home and yes, I always feel the need to snack. Thankfully, I'm not a sugar or salt addict. I love those grape cherry tomatoes and they're good for you as well. My biggest exercise at home is talking my cold cup of coffee back to the microwave for reheating in the morning. Also, having a poor memory makes for a better body: I have a three storey house, office on the second floor so I'm up and down the stairs ALL the time!!!

I buy $60/week of pure junk food that I keep in my bedroom next to my desk. I always have a 2-3 jumbo bags of frito lay chips and powerade.

Lately I've noticed that its far more convenient to chow down in the kitchen cuz the cleanup is easier.

In the past 10 yrs, I've never spilt soda in the keyboard until last month. Keyboard still works perfect!

I eat probably 6,000 calories a day. Thank god of my body type (I'm skinny: BMI 19.8)

mmmmmmmmmmm......
EJR_6247.JPG

hot tea + chocolate = win
EJR_2120.JPG

2 fudge popsicles, 3 frozen ice pops, 3 cups of berry apple sauce, sunflower seeds. I think I was about to watch a movie then. ^^
EJR_6206.JPG

That sandwich looks pretty damn good... lol

I used to be able to do that too, it seemed that i never gained weight. It caught up with me eventually when alcohol was added into the mix.

Very interesting post! Lucky for me I never learned how to type, so I can only peck away with a couple of fingers; this is great because I am not physicaly able to eat and type at the same time! :biggrin:

On another food/camera-related note, I recently entered a weight loss contest at my job (I was one of the bigger boys on the team). I ended up loosing about 30 pounds. My team won the contest and we got a cash prize! I used my part of the money to buy a Lumix TS1. Needless to say I gained it all back again. I guess I might wait until next year's contest to see if I can upgrade to another camera! :tongue:

p.s. Loosing the weight was not that difficult; keeping it off is next to impossible.

I eat lunch at my computer at work and my IT guy actually made an example of me by turning my keyboard over in front of a group so everyone could watch the crumbs fall out. My K key was sticking - good grief.

Friend of mine took a White Russian to his computer, set it on top of his old box screen, where it proceeded to fall onto his keyboard. Vodka, milk, and Baileys I believe...

Latest threads

Top Bottom