Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I take a camera out sometimes, but not all the time

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • Show me the results

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Noob Alert. Consider yourself warned.

This question is geared to the amateur/hobbyist photographer.

Do you take a camera everywhere?
Do you get comments and funny looks when you have a camera where you normally wouldn't see one?

So far I've taken mine everywhere save for hit and run trips to the store.

Yes. In the beginning I got a lot of strange looks. Most people in my surroundings are now used to it and actually expect me to have a camera with me (never let them down either).

As a result I now spend around 10% of my time at work at taking pictures and processing them. Not only can I now do my hobby at work time (without the pressure of being a pro-photographer) but it's actually considered a big "going the extra mile" at the yearly appraisals. And I got to spend around six grand sofar this year on photography-related expenses which is always fun when it's not your own money.

my school bag has at least on dSLR in it always.

the only time i really get weird looks is when i pull out the d3s and 70-200
Wonder why people would look at you funny with your D3 and 70-200???

I have a camera about 70% of the time. Mostly just an ungripped 300s with a 35mm prime, or a P7000, occasionally the D40x with 35mm (but my 4 year old son usually takes it from me because it is HIS) but when I specifically go out to shoot I take my 2.8's and bag it all.

I bought my first Minox III in 1960 and have not been without one in my pocket since. Don't shoot as many pics with it as I used to because processing is rather expensive. Years ago you could load with fast B&W and small prints were cheap from Minox. Currently have a TLX and processing is basically available from only one place and film is rather expensive. Never leave home without it.

The poll left out the other option of "No, I rarely ever take a camera me".
It would have my vote and probably that of most people. My camera leaves the house perhaps 3-4 times/year and I carry special insurance on it just for those albeit rare times.

I typically take my camera bag whenever I'm out for any extended period of time, but if I'm just going to the store or something I don't bother. I obviously don't when I go to play hockey, or if I'm worried about the environment that the camera might be in.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom