Do you like planes and helicopters? Watch THIS!!!!!!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I'm stunned. I've never seen anything like this.

The helicopter shots are unreal. TheFAA would never allow an air show like this in the United States. Great views of a beautiful city. Incredible aircraft, incredible pilots and one beautifully restored WWII era B-25.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Budapest Air Show

Amazing footage and flying.

My daughter was in Budapest in 2015 when the Red Bull Air Races were happening. She couldn't believe how these planes were allowed to fly so low and fast right along the river, under bridges and around Parliament.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
They still have the normal aerobatic performance box, all the aerobatic maneuvers were done over the river, away from spectators with normal distances, however regarding under and over bridges, next to and over buildings, Red Bull racing, you maybe could get the necessary waivers from the FAA, but you would have to vacate all the structures, nearby structures for blocks, have a plan for the plan of the plan, and shut down everything, and most cities would not do this.

It took months for my FAA licensed buddy to get clearances to fly drone next to and above the arch, and he had the National Park Service‘s blessing, (Hired by them) and the paperwork was so detailed, time, place, allowances for problems, etc etc etc... plan for a plan with a plan as he said. Took many months.

however, this is great video, thanks for sharing. Was an awesome watch.

I have watched many air races, sorry to see the Red Bull Series cancelled.

It took months for my FAA licensed buddy to get clearances to fly drone next to and above the arch, and he had the National Park Service‘s blessing, (Hired by them) and the paperwork was so detailed, time, place, allowances for problems, etc etc etc... plan for a plan with a plan as he said. Took many months.

however, this is great video, thanks for sharing. Was an awesome watch.

I have watched many air races, sorry to see the Red Bull Series cancelled.
Wade...were you in St Louis in mid 70's...one 4th of july they had an air show right in front of the Arch and Admiral. We were down on the landing and the scariest thing was when the Hawker Harriers jump jets came in from the south. Never even heard them coming. They stopped and hovered in the middle of the river, about 20ft over the water swinging their nose left and right. Really a menacing aircraft. They rotated and slowly headed south under the I-55 bridge started skyward and hit the afterburners..they were gone. I think this was just about the time that MD and Hawker Siddeley enterd a jv to produce what would become the AV-8B Harrier II and built at MD in St. Louis.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Wade...were you in St Louis in mid 70's...one 4th of july they had an air show right in front of the Arch and Admiral. We were down on the landing and the scariest thing was when the Hawker Harriers jump jets came in from the south. Never even heard them coming. They stopped and hovered in the middle of the river, about 20ft over the water swinging their nose left and right. Really a menacing aircraft. They rotated and slowly headed south under the I-55 bridge started skyward and hit the afterburners..they were gone. I think this was just about the time that MD and Hawker Siddeley enterd a jv to produce what would become the AV-8B Harrier II and built at MD in St. Louis.
Grew up in the Stl burbs, my dad worked/Engineered the jigs for the new Wing construction for the AV-8B at MD and other parts too. Saw many air shows down at the arch grounds through the years.

my favorite harrier shot, however, I took at Oshkosh: https://wadedowdy.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p823749984-5.jpg

Grew up in the Stl burbs, my dad worked/Engineered the jigs for the new Wing construction for the AV-8B at MD and other parts too. Saw many air shows down at the arch grounds through the years.

my favorite harrier shot, however, I took at Oshkosh: https://wadedowdy.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p823749984-5.jpg
Very cool... my younger brother went to MD from Parks mid 70’s. Did the tail retrofit for the F18 carrier planes. Left MD for Boeing in Seattle for about 6mos then came back to MD, only to have Boeing purchase MD little later. Stayed on the Military side of Boeing in St Louis until he retired couple years ago.

Real Name
Carl
I'm stunned. I've never seen anything like this.

The helicopter shots are unreal. TheFAA would never allow an air show like this in the United States. Great views of a beautiful city. Incredible aircraft, incredible pilots and one beautifully restored WWII era B-25.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Budapest Air Show
WOW! Great flying! Beautiful photography! Never saw a Lomcevak (sp?) done by a helicopter before. Thanks for sharing! :D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom