Do you mind? I'm eating here!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Duncan C, Jul 11, 2008.

1. I think this bee looks annoyed with me for sticking a camera in it's face while it was trying to eat:
    [​IMG]
    (click the image to see a larger version with EXIF data.)

Shot in raw with my D200 and Tamron SP 90 mm macro lens.

I used a pop-up diffuser attached to the front of my lens to diffuse the light from my SB-800.

I shot this in raw and converted it a JPEG in CS3. It has been levels adjusted, cropped and down-sampled.

Duncan C

2. Oh my, excellent shot. I encourage everyone to visit the larger shot though, WHOA! What a difference! I'm going to get one of those diffusers.

3. Duncan,
    that is a GREAT CAPTURE
    very well done

thanks for sharing it with us

4. Outstanding!! I follow my bees whenever I get the chance, but I haven't been able to produce an image as sharp as this one! Kudos to you!!

5. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    WOW, what a great image!!

6. Crystal,

I've spent a LOT of time chasing bees. Years, actually. They are tricky. I shoot dozens and dozens of shots in order to get a few keepers. I also use tons of flash so that I can use small apertures and fast shutterspeeds. That way, when I do manage to get the plane of focus where I want it, the image isn't ruined by motion blur.

I've got a whole gallery of bee and wasp pictures on pbase. Feel free to check it out.

7. Very good shot, Duncan!

Cheers

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Jeez! Outstanding clarity. Awesome shot!

9. Samaritan

Samaritan

Dec 29, 2007
    Buckeye State
    Good job, I like that diffuser too.

10. Samaritan,

Do you have one also?