1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Do you print in B&W

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jklofft, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only by accident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Occasionally if the subject benefits from B&W

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  4. Never

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. How often do you print your photos in B&W?

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi jeff-

i've printed in b&w using both my epson r300 and from costco. the costco photos came out much better, but still not quite the same as b&w prints from film.

ricky

3. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

Sometimes B+W can give the picture a much more "artistic" feel, but I don't exclusively use it as many of my shots are taken strictly because of interesting color.

4. Depending on the subject, Kodak makes a metallic paper that really wows a B&W image. I use White House Custom Color (WHCC) and will on occasion print in B&W.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    There wasn't a spot for it, so I voted 'occasionally', but I print about a quarter to half of what I do in monochrome. I usually do a duo/tri-tone to warm it up a bit. Also to correct the blue-green quality that my el-cheapo* printer gives. I fade a strictly b&w layer over the toned layer to get just the degree of warming I want, and it works well.

* Epson 820

6. quite frequently...

I do a lot of B&W shooting (take a look at my Pbase galleries and you'll see) and so consequently I end up printing in B&W quite a bit. I'd say 50-50. I print with a Canon i9100 and am very happy with the results. It's not a B&W print and I know I could get better if I bought the speciall B&W ink sets, but for viewing from a few feet away it looks just great.

Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.