Do you print in B&W

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jklofft, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only by accident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Occasionally if the subject benefits from B&W

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  4. Never

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. How often do you print your photos in B&W?

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi jeff-

i've printed in b&w using both my epson r300 and from costco. the costco photos came out much better, but still not quite the same as b&w prints from film.

ricky

3. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

Sometimes B+W can give the picture a much more "artistic" feel, but I don't exclusively use it as many of my shots are taken strictly because of interesting color.

4. Depending on the subject, Kodak makes a metallic paper that really wows a B&W image. I use White House Custom Color (WHCC) and will on occasion print in B&W.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    There wasn't a spot for it, so I voted 'occasionally', but I print about a quarter to half of what I do in monochrome. I usually do a duo/tri-tone to warm it up a bit. Also to correct the blue-green quality that my el-cheapo* printer gives. I fade a strictly b&w layer over the toned layer to get just the degree of warming I want, and it works well.

* Epson 820

6. quite frequently...

I do a lot of B&W shooting (take a look at my Pbase galleries and you'll see) and so consequently I end up printing in B&W quite a bit. I'd say 50-50. I print with a Canon i9100 and am very happy with the results. It's not a B&W print and I know I could get better if I bought the speciall B&W ink sets, but for viewing from a few feet away it looks just great.

Dave