Do You Swallow?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Last set of shots from this morning...

Again, in order to compensate for the focus issues I'm experiencing even on static subjects, I have to bump ISO higher than I'd like in order to compensate with increased depth of field. Also..with full early morning sun hitting the white breasts on these birds, you really have to underexpose so as to not blow the whites..so their a bit noisy again.

large.
    original.
    original.

2. absolutely stunning tho!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

I see a tiny bit of noise, but certainly not enough to detract from the shots. Probably will print out fine. Good shots.

Frank

4. Nice shots Jim. :) :) :)

5. Image #2 and #3 are simply stunning. These are such beautiful birds.

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Gordon

Whats really neat is that early in the morning when they're cold...they let you walk righ up to them.

I got real close this morning and one actually flew right to my hand when I put it out for him. It was really special to have him sit there for two minutes...all the while looking at me and chirping away. What I think was really going on was that he was probably looking at his reflection in my sunglasses?

They are one of my favorites :)

7. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Stunningly gorgeous shots. The colors are incredible, Jim.

8. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    wheres the in flight

Great shots. I'm impressed with these but would REALLY be impress with them in flight?

9. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Greg...

If they get my camera working properly, that's one of the first things I paln on doing...getting these swallows in flight.

The area I'm shooting them let's me get right in with them and they frequently get about 20' in front of my face and haver there looking at me.

Hopefully, it won't be too long :)