Do you think this guy would like a copy of this shot?

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Backdoctor, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Treated him before, and he finally got up to the bigs I see. Think he'd like this?

2. I'm sure he would Harris. It is a nice shot and perhaps he can learn something about his stance and delivery.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    How does it print Harris.

Internet lies most of the time. Doesnt look as sharp as it could be here and perhaps a tad dark.

I find that to be true with mine as well.

Great shot and he would love it. You are really good at this.

How about a few of us from here getting together at a Viera Game and Then to the wet land for an after noon birdie shoot.

Cheers
    Gale

4. Thanks Gordon and Gale.

Gale, the print is tack sharp and with perfect colors. I printed from NC4 not PSCS.

I will calibrate my monitor asap.

Thanks.

Yeah, a game and shoot may be doable, but I still have tix for 7 more games down here. Will have to check and see. Cant wait to shoot up there. Gordon Large is coming down so we may be up there end of month.

5. I am sure he would dig a copy, give him two one to sign for youa nd one for him to keep could be the next roger clemens

6. Well, let's see now. The first big Soccer tournament I shot I was told "Nobody will buy any shots that don't show 'full-face', don't bother with shots of backs at all". Taking that advice you would not even have this image, which is great. I didn't take the advice either, and the person who told me that had to quite sheepishly eat his words when he saw what was selling :lol: .

Now, what would be REALLY cool would be if have a series of his whole delivery that you could print either as a montage or a film-strip. We do this for Girls Fast-Pitch pitchers and Catchers and they just love them. We shoot them during warm-ups. For the pitcher I stand right behind the catcher, where the Ump would be, and as soon as they start their motion I just mash the shutter button in Continuous and rip off at 8fps. It does get a touch dicey once in a while when a ball whizzes by and hits the backstop. Then we do a Catcher Throsdown on the last warm-up pitch from down the first base line. They just love them.

What I particularly like about your image is that you have a good profile as well, but you need to get him to raise the bill of the cap just a touch more :lol: .

If I were him, I'd love it.