1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Do you use a Lenscoat for your 400vr

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Randy, Aug 25, 2008.

1. does it fit OK ?
    Is your piece that goes on the end of the lens too large ?

2. I use lenscoat - seems to fit alright.

3. I have it on my 400 AF-S II. I complained to the manufacturer about the poor fit and finish, Mine front piece is to small. After 3 months they sent me anew one. Same problem.... But it does protect the lesn body so Iwill stay with it....

4. The fix sux big time, but it is better than nothing (which seems LC seems to understand) so they keep selling the poorly cut junk....

5. i can't live with this

the piece of the smaller hood section is too large and overlaps onto the larger hood piece (i could live w/ that if i had to) but the piece on the end of the lens is way to large (you can see it sticking out

[​IMG]

6. I hate those things....:biggrin:

7. they just admited i probably have the one for the 600vr so i sent it to LC for a swap....

8. I don't really care for lens coats and the prices they charge, but I have them on my biggest and most expensive telephotos. I bang my cameras around so much that I have no other choice! BTW - what colors does everyone use? I get the forest bark color. Works well for beach and forested areas!

9. black for me

10. Dead Grass for me. Matches the clothes I wear. Bought some fabric stock and made tripod leg covers held on with shoe laces.

11. Forest green, realtree and digital for me.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

12. it looks like some of the focus rings get a lenscoat and some don't ???
    is the 400vr supposed to get a piece for the focus ring ?

13. I wish they had a rainbow lens coat. Might attract leprechauns though!

14. they overnighted me a new lenscoat and everything is good now
    (my 1st one was for a 600vr in a 400vr bag)

15. I also just picked up some lenscoats for my 200-400 and 600...... to be honest the price they charge for the quality of product is ridiculous. They fit poorly and make the lens look ugly.

But as others have said, they will protect the lens and there is no real alternative..... so I guess I will have to stick with them.....

16. i think they fit very well and look ok

17. Actually I wrote my previous comment when I had only fitted the coat to the 200-400. In fairness the cover for the 600mm looks much better..... only with this one there is a design fault which means the windows on for the focus scale and vr controls are switched, so that part doesn't fit..... but otherwise ok

18. email them...they worked with me to get everything right
    scott@lenscoat.com was great !

19. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    No picture of it to share, but I did the same as you with the Sigma 500...left it off the tripod collar and the strap ring..

And I use Real Tree Advantage on the 500 and 300/2.8. I tried the black LC on my 70-200, just for impact protection, but the fit was off.. far too large for the lens.

LC customer service has been absolutely fantastic with returns and support.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.