Documenting My Father - Fuji X-Pro2

Real Name
Ken
A wonderful tribute, and I am so glad that you also included a photo of him in his prime. My mother just turned 92 and has been suffering from dementia for a number of years. She, too, is in a facility where she gets excellent care. Some days are quite hard, but there is still a spark of her personality that always manages to come through, and I am grateful for those moments.

--Ken

Real Name
Andrew
A wonderful tribute, and I am so glad that you also included a photo of him in his prime. My mother just turned 92 and has been suffering from dementia for a number of years. She, too, is in a facility where she gets excellent care. Some days are quite hard, but there is still a spark of her personality that always manages to come through, and I am grateful for those moments.

--Ken
I'm sorry that you are having to go through a similar situation as I. It is not an easy road, and right now I'm still struggling with a whole host of emotions.

I remember the days when he would still remember who his kids were. Those become fewer and fewer in the end days - but was something that improved your spirits when they seemingly came back to a sense of normal.

Real Name
Ken
I'm sorry that you are having to go through a similar situation as I. It is not an easy road, and right now I'm still struggling with a whole host of emotions.

I remember the days when he would still remember who his kids were. Those become fewer and fewer in the end days - but was something that improved your spirits when they seemingly came back to a sense of normal.
I understand. I feel exhausted after visiting my mother. But, she seems reasonably happy much of the time as opposed to being very confused and angry, and that is a blessing in my book. She seems to "float" along the time continuum of her life (my expression for it) and seems to be remembering many of her younger days. I do wish she remembered everybody, but I try to be grateful when she seems somewhat content and still shows her biting sense of humor. I sometimes believe there is a core personality in us that somehow remains until, or almost until, the bitter end. As long as I see a bit of her humor, I know that she has not given up. I hope you can still find some small nuggets of time with your father to cherish.

--Ken

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom