Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by 57corvette, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I really love the new Challenger, hope I did it justice. Not getting much response to these .... are you getting tired of them?

dodgechallenger.gif

Regards,

2. Rotogravure

Rotogravure

Jul 7, 2008
    California
    The Challenger picture is great but it makes me wish I hadn't sold my 1970 (I bought it new) Challenger for $1900 in 1980.

Mike

3. I like this a lot. got to see one the other day. Need to stop in and get a closer look... My first new car was a 1973 Dart Sport 340. It could have very easily been a Challenger or 'Cuda...

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I think you work is beautiful, I just sit and stare at the frame. I don't know how you do it, but the presentation sure is neat.

5. We can slap each other silly. I sold my 1970 440 6-Pack 'Cuda for $1000 in 1978. It had spun two rod bearings and my dad said "What the heck, it's just an old car." :325:

Beautiful PP work on the new Challenger.

6. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Lucas art plug in to get my photos to look like the photos you posted! Every time I edit with Lucas plug in the photo looks fine while the photo is in the Lucas program but as soon as I apply the effect and the photo is back in CS3 it had areas that are washed out and garbled?

7. Thanks everyone .... appreciate you looking. I guess we all have our stories of the car that got away .... mine was a '66 Chevelle SS. Had a 396 ci and four speed. Cry just thinking about it .... also had a '50 Cadillac Hearse ......... really a fun car.

Sic1 ...... you really have to play around with Lucis. ..... and, it doesn't work on all photos. Sometimes it washes out the photo .... sometimes it adds too much noise or dirt to it. Just keep playing around with it. Happy to help if you have questions.

Frank .... thanks for your kind comments, really appreciated.

Appreciate your looking and comments.

Best,

8. That looks great! Really nice work on this one. Reminds me of my first car (also a Mopar). A '68 Roadrunner, 4spd, lots of engine work, and it turned 11.20's on 8" slicks. Now there is one car I wish I kept. I love the way Chrysler bought back the Charger, and now the Challenger.

9. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Well, I'm more of a Charger fan myself....:biggrin: Even so, that is an excellent Charger photo/composite, you could sell that as a print or poster easily.

10. Niiiiice :biggrin:

11. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Missed this Bob

really nice treatment - love the colours....

Dare I suggest something......:Unsure:

May be worth while just bringing the reflection to the back wheel instead of leaving a tiny gap...

Just a thought Bob and hope you don't mind.

Best wishes

Ray

12. Rich, John, Mike, Ray,

Thanks all for looking ....... appreciate your time. Ray ....don't mind at all. Went back and forth with the rear wheel .... as you know, the flood reflection is a real problem when the car is on an angle. Tried to get as much of the front as possible ..... but might have been better to run the rear wheel reflection all the way up. Thanks for your input, it's always welcome and appreciated.

Best,

13. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Bob....

sharing ideas.

It doesn't always work for me but I usualy stack to layers of the finished car on top of each other.

Then, run the flood to the top one to the highest point needed...in this case the rear wheel.

Then, mask out where it overlaps the car.....

Just wonder if that helps Bob....

Kind regards

Ray

14. Thanks Ray .... always helpful to hear how you do your work. I guess my way is similar .... making two copies, but adding the flood to the lower copy. Then masking or erasing the top layer to see the reflection. I think it's the same idea with different approaches. What would be helpful is if the flood filter would allow you to offset the reflection .... they have that option, but it offsets in the wrong direction. :frown: Still, I feel that the reflection we do is a great way to anchor the car ........... thanks again for your help Ray, really appreciated.

Best,

15. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Bob

The offset function is really frustrating!!!

I have tried it and as you say....it doesn't go the way you want!!!!!

Guess you and I will have to write to Digital Pear as the world's most prolific users of their flood filter and ask for it to be amended!!!!!:biggrin::wink:

Best wishes

Ray

16. I will wait for Obama to be elected president and make that his first order of business....:biggrin:

Best,