Does anybody like roses? [6 pics]

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin Scott, Jul 7, 2005.

1. First off, sorry for posting 6 pics in one thread but I couldn't help it! :oops:

These are from my visit to Leu Gardens here in Orlando last weekend. I narrowed all my roses pics down to just my absolute favorites and there were 28! So rather than post all those, I chose these 6. I couldn't pare it down any further, so please forgive me. They were all just so incredible, if not the colors then just the shape and perfectness of the blossoms.

Can't wait to go back to shoot some more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

None of these had saturation boosts, just slight curve adjustment and USM and a slight crop of a few. I'd appreciate any feedback on these. I'd like to create a framed series of these roses and am interested to hear what you think.

Thanks,

2. Kevin,

Nice job ! I love Roses and grow them I just can't seem to get a good photo of them.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

You are certainly right about the beauty of these shots. I can't find anything to critique. All I can say is excellent series, and excellent job. :wink:

4. Kevin, very nice shots. Can we see more of those 28 favorites?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Kevin,
    I would love a dozen of these :>))

The only one I really did not care for is the white one. Only because the others are so perfect, the white one is on the last day of summer, so to speak.

Beautiful photgraphic representation of the roses and color.

6. I love roses also. Kevin, the shots are great. Keep up the good work.
    Pete

7. Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Scott, I've never been very happy with my previous attempts at rose shots but was really pleased with these. I hope to go back and take my time to compose better and get some even better shots.

Gilles, I'll see what else I can work up and display them later. :)

Gale, it's funny even though the white one is on its last day of summer, it was so magnificent to me that I find it one of my favorites. If you could see the full size image of it and see the actual texture of the white petals, it's incredible. I'm hoping to concoct some type of handheld, portable diffuser that I can easily carry with me to try that and see the effect.

Thanks for looking everybody! :)

8. I love roses and you have some beautiful one's here. Way to go Kevin.

9. Wow! Thanks Gordon! That's very kind of you! :)

10. I love roses and you sure did a great job with these. Now if I could only smell them too!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

11. Oh Virginia, if you could only have been there! :) My favorites are the ones that smell like raspberries. Thanks for the kind words and stopping by to look and comment!

12. I also love roses and your rose pictures are exquisite. Thanks for sharing