Does anybody really Caracara??

Discussion in 'Merritt Island I' started by Flew, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    More shots from the Merritt session. Hope everyone isn't burned out yet.... :eek:

Got these in two separate locations at Viera wetlands. All taken with the D2H / 300mm 2.8 + 1.7 TC.

Posing:
    [​IMG]

Leaving:
    [​IMG]

Incoming (hand held):
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Frank

2. Just fantastic

What a set of shots was getting ready to post my tow Caracara shots, I feel embarrassed to post them now.

3. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Frank,

That first shot is the money shot (in the Reznick vernacular). Sorry I missed the fun.

Joe

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I agree Joe (that's why it's at the top....;-)).

Do wish you could have been there. There *will* be a next time, and attendance will *not* be optional .... :p

Regards,

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Frank,

I don't think I've seen as many Carcara shots at one time as I'm seeing on this board. Yours are outstanding especially the first one.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Harry,

I don't think I've *ever* seen a Caracara post, much less seen multiple copies of the real thing, before our trip last week-end. I never even hoped for shots of beauties like these guys. :wink:

You are one lucky @#$#@##%.... 8)

Regards,

Frank

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    WOW, I've never seen a bird like that before. Beautiful!

8. Frank -

Most excellent. Really like that first one!

I'm still in the "processing" mode on my shots (finally have most of them culled out, but it will take a while yet to "develop" them). Although in truth it's been difficult to work them into the schedule, the nice thing about it is that you and everyone else will have posted much better ones of the same subjects before I can get to them, thus negating the need to post mine... :wink:

Thanks for all the work you put into this. I'm looking forward to the next trip, and already have some ideas for ways we can make it even better...

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    [Hey Harry,

I don't think I've *ever* seen a Caracara post, much less seen multiple copies of the real thing, before our trip last week-end. I never even hoped for shots of beauties like these guys. :wink:

You are one lucky @#$#@##%.... 8)

Regards,

Frank[/quote]

Hey Frank,

Now I don't want to rub it in but .... I was sitting out in my backyard having my morning coffee today. As I go out I startled this Wood Stork who was feeding in the stream out back and he flies away. As I'm sitting a Great Egret lands and feeds for awhile as 2 pairs of Sandhills fly overhead. It ain't easy.

10. Love the Caracara, that is a dance isn't it??? Good job Frank.