Does anybody want to shoot a Rangers game on 12/22?

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by twig, Dec 19, 2005.

1. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    IF so, you must have a D200 or D2h or D2x, a 70-200 or 80-200 lens, and some experience would be nice but not necessary. You couls also shoot with a 28-70 or equiv on one body and a 300 onthe other if you want.

The game is at MSG, Rangers Vs Tampa.

Please respond here or pm me within the next 24 hours if you are interested. In your message tell me what gear you have, if you have any experience, and your full name.

I have only one spot available, so it is first come first served, contingent upon qualifications.

There is no pay, images (probably 2 or 3) would be used for our website, and if you get anything great I may request an image for our print newspaper.

twig
    http://www.nycsportingnews.com

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow, that would be very cool to photograph a NHL game..
    I have photographed hundreds of hockey games over the last 3 years including some NHL players (4 of them played for the Mechanics last season during the lockout.) Wish you were asking for someone shoot at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.

3. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Oh Man!

I would love this opportunity, to shoot my favorite NHL team playing against my second favorite team (my current home city's team) would be awesome... I just have two small problems :frown:

I will be at home here in Tampa and I still currently only have a D100. A coworker just got his D200 though... wonder if he would let me borrow it :biggrin: It does currently have my 50mm lens on it!

There was a D2H posted here for sale I would LOVED to have bought, but someone beat me to it, congrats Dave :wink: Too bad you can't make it Dave, I love your hockey shots.

I hope someone takes you up on your offer Twig, this is a great opportunity!

4. marc

marc Guest

that would be cool, wish i had seen your post earlier, would have come to big a, just for the privelege. have spent many happy moments at msg, shooting rangers, would have been very exciting.

good luck, happy new year

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That was a great offer to someone, Twig. Talk about a dream come true for someone. Dave Birdsong would have been all over that like crazy if he could have re-arranged his schedule.