Does Anyone know how to do this?

So I turned the laptop on last night and out of the blue ended with a system crash. It happens ... I can deal with that. I save all my files to an external drive and back them up, so no files were lost. My question is ... I had Adobe CS5 loaded (purchased online and one copy downloaded to the laptop, the other to the desktop. How do I go about retrieving that licensed copy and getting itloaded onto a new laptop? I can't uninstall from the old laptop cos' it is dead as a doornail. Since it was an online purchase that was downloaded, I don't have the disks. Has anyone else had to do this? Should I contact Adobe? (good luck to me getting someone who speaks English to help me). Would they even believe me? I am sure this has had to happen to others ... just looking to see what I can do to restore it. Any suggestions? :confused:

So I turned the laptop on last night and out of the blue ended with a system crash. It happens ... I can deal with that. I save all my files to an external drive and back them up, so no files were lost. My question is ... I had Adobe CS5 loaded (purchased online and one copy downloaded to the laptop, the other to the desktop. How do I go about retrieving that licensed copy and getting itloaded onto a new laptop? I can't uninstall from the old laptop cos' it is dead as a doornail. Since it was an online purchase that was downloaded, I don't have the disks. Has anyone else had to do this? Should I contact Adobe? (good luck to me getting someone who speaks English to help me). Would they even believe me? I am sure this has had to happen to others ... just looking to see what I can do to restore it. Any suggestions? :confused:

Try chat support. Tell them the story and that you want to deactivate one instance of Photoshop but can't do it from the system since it is dead. They will deactivate it for you. You can then download the software from the Adobe site, install it, apply the serial # and go through the online activation dance. I am assuming that you have an Adobe account. If so, you are golden. If not, it may take some more help from the chat support line to get you to the download. All very doable and should be pretty straightforward.

I'm pretty sure they when you bought the download that it was registered. Have you tried logging into your Adobe account? If memory serves, there will be a listing of everything you have purchased...it's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure you can directly re-download right from there.

I called customer support back when I had a crash and had to re-install. They took care of providing a new activation code for the new 'puter.

You login and download the installers from Adobe's site - like Doug and others have mentioned you may have to chat with Adobe regarding the activation. In my experience the application asks if you want to deactivate on other computers (in this case your old machine that is currently rebooting with the angels) and then you can activate on the new machine.

Sean

Hi,
Had to talk to Adobe support a few times in the past, and it was a good experience for me.
They fixed my CS5 upgrade from CS3 that was messed up because of the version changes that was happpening at the time.
The CS5 keycodes were not matching the version I had purchased. It all ended ok to my satisfaction.
And had no issues with the CS6 upgrade.
So in my experience do not hesitate to call or chat with support it works ok.

Good luck!

Good to know that Adobe support is not a nightmare to deal with. Having laptop diagnostics done over the weekend and will take action once I have those results. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled my copies of CS and LR quite a few times each. I have added them to laptops, replaced the laptop (twice), replaced the desktop (at least twice), & installed to my new Windows Surface tablet. All you do is log into your Adobe account and go to your Orders page. There's a link for the downloads. Copy the serial # and paste it into the installation box when asked. Simple! I just hope Adobe doesn't take all that offline when they go to the subscription method.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom