Does anyone own a FujiFilm X-T1, X-T2 or X-T3?

A friend of mine is selling his X-T1 for dirt cheap price (300). He swears that X-T1 is the best camera ever created. I really liked the dials on the top but I'm not sure I should jump on the ship or not.

Does anyone own it? what is the experience?

Not sure why I'm just being spendy here. Better stick to Nikon and keep investing in lenses and perhaps a good light meter.

Any thoughts?

Real Name
Walter Rowe
They just released the XT-4. If the XT-1 were the best camera ever created, I think the three following editions would have not been worth releasing. That said, I have a friend who is a Fujifilm Ambassador (or what ever Fujifilm calls them) and he absolutely loves the XT platform. He used it long before Fuji brought him on board.

I would recommend looking at the later versions vs the XT-1 if you wanted to consider Fujifilm. If you were considering it just because he is offering it for $300, I might pass.

Real Name
Andrew
I used to own an XT1. was not happy with the battery life or the AF performance. Didn’t keep it long.

it has a great sensor, feels good in the hand and is relatively easy to shoot with. The older Fuji’s do have some performance quirks as well.

if you want to get into Fuji, I’d recommend spending a bit more and looking at a an. XE3, XT2, XH1, XPRO2 or the XT30. those are my baselines for performance on the Fuji end.

not sure what else you might want to know, but would be happy to expand on any further subjects.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Why are you considering a change? What is lacking in your current camera? From your other threads, it appears that you are just learning the basics of digital photography. Is there a problem with your current gear that you wish to solve ?

I used to own the X-T1. I still have the X-T2 and X-T3, plus a couple of other Fuji's. I love them. But they're not everyones cup of tea.

If you're considering going down the Fuji path, I would suggest getting one of the newer bodies. Although I enjoyed using the X-T1 for some reason I wasn't a fan of the 16MP sensor. Similar to my views on Nikon, and Olympus bodies with the similar size MP sensor. Whether it was the sensors, or the processors, I'm not sure. Once they all moved to beyond the 16MP I've been more than happy with the results from Fuji, Olympus, and Nikon. Don't get me wrong it's not about the MP, I loved my 12MP bodies, just something about that size sensor I didn't like.

IMHO, that is not much of a deal. Retail used XT 1s are approx $300. Don’t forget the lens investment to go along with the body. Having said that I owned an XT 1 and XT 2 I bought during the model close outs. I think they are great for portraits, walk around / street style shooting. I had a decent lens assortment that I ended up trading in for my Z6. I love the image quality of Fuji but full frame is superior to any smaller sensor. Good luck to you

I recently sold my Z7 which leaves me with only an X-T3 at present. I like shooting the Fuji and the Fuji glass is very good. When I find a replacement for my Nikon I will still keep the Fuji. Lately a lot of Fuji people feel the X-T1's sensor was special. I personally think the X-T2/X-T3 are a better choice.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I guess I was just being impulsive. I passed on the offer. Those dials on the top and the silver color does look cute though

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom