Does anyone use or have views on Mozilla FireFox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clivegriff, Apr 11, 2005.

1. I downloaded and am currently testing Firefox (in place of Internet Explorer 6).

So far I'm favourably impressed, particularly with Tabbed Browsing.

Any user comments on this program would be welcome,

2. Firefox is a great browser, the only thing it doesn't do is to deal with .Net enabled applications well. So if you, as I do, have to deal with Sharepoint sites on a daily basis (or other .Net enabled applications), you may find that some things just don't work.

Always the joy with "other" party apps and Microsoft isn't it?

If you are looking at Firefox, look at Thunderbird as well, a darned nice email package.

3. I also like the tab feature and Firefox seems to be much faster than Microsoft Explorer. There are also a lot of nice extensions that you can download to enhance Firefox.

4. Yep, use it all the time (apart from Windows Update of course)

Stu

5. I've used it for several weeks now and like it very much. Tabbed browsing is much better.

Rich

6. Firefox is a must on PC. On a mac I prefer Camino, Firefox and then Safari. Though, the latest build of Camino sucks.

7. I downloaded Mozilla, but still use IE. IE's performance seems faster. :wink: :wink:

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Its all I use. Accept when I come across a piece of hardware that you can only administer with IE. :(

9. I've been using it for over a year now and the number of sites that don't render correctly has dropped quite a bit. The only time I ever have to resort to IE is one or two sites that stubbornly refuse to change.

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I also like that it is not susceptible to BHO (browser help objects). Or warez that cause pop-ups.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    After having both mine and Janie's systems attacked by adware, and spending days trying to get it off, all I use now is Firefox. Haven't had a recurrence yet.

Frank

12. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I use both, although mainly IE simply because I access too many sites that don't play well with Firefox and I'm too lazy to d/l the appropriate plugins. :D

IMO they're both fine if set up correctly. ;)

Neil

PS - I keep adaware and spybot updated and run them constantly, and keep some settings on IE fairly tightly controlled and have had no problems with warez/spyware/adware/etc, etc. YET. :)

13. Thanks for all the input, guys. Much appreciated.

It's nice to know that there's so much help and experience so readily shared on this forum.

14. I have been using Mozilla since quite some time now. I just love the tab feature. I have several groups set up (personal, work).
    At times there are scripts that make me use IE, but that happens rarely.

15. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

I too am a Firefox (and Thunderbird) user - I only resort to IE for Windows updates and security fixes.

16. Thanks, Frits and Carol

It certainly seems that a lot of forum members use Firefox and are happy with it.

So far, I'm impressed too.