Does anyone use or have views on Mozilla FireFox?

I downloaded and am currently testing Firefox (in place of Internet Explorer 6).

So far I'm favourably impressed, particularly with Tabbed Browsing.

Any user comments on this program would be welcome,

Firefox is a great browser, the only thing it doesn't do is to deal with .Net enabled applications well. So if you, as I do, have to deal with Sharepoint sites on a daily basis (or other .Net enabled applications), you may find that some things just don't work.

Always the joy with "other" party apps and Microsoft isn't it?

If you are looking at Firefox, look at Thunderbird as well, a darned nice email package.

PGB

Its all I use. Accept when I come across a piece of hardware that you can only administer with IE. :(

I've been using it for over a year now and the number of sites that don't render correctly has dropped quite a bit. The only time I ever have to resort to IE is one or two sites that stubbornly refuse to change.

PGB

I also like that it is not susceptible to BHO (browser help objects). Or warez that cause pop-ups.

After having both mine and Janie's systems attacked by adware, and spending days trying to get it off, all I use now is Firefox. Haven't had a recurrence yet.

Frank

I use both, although mainly IE simply because I access too many sites that don't play well with Firefox and I'm too lazy to d/l the appropriate plugins. :D

IMO they're both fine if set up correctly. ;)

Neil

PS - I keep adaware and spybot updated and run them constantly, and keep some settings on IE fairly tightly controlled and have had no problems with warez/spyware/adware/etc, etc. YET. :)

I have been using Mozilla since quite some time now. I just love the tab feature. I have several groups set up (personal, work).
At times there are scripts that make me use IE, but that happens rarely.

C

Carol Steele

I too am a Firefox (and Thunderbird) user - I only resort to IE for Windows updates and security fixes.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom