Does anyone use PrintFIX Pro - ME NEITHER

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by GonzoBernelli, Jul 12, 2007.

1. and if you do, how do you like the results? Especially compared to the profiles downloadable for that manufacturer's print and paper.

Thanks up-front.
    Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  2. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I use it and like it. Developing a profile can be tedious, but I get a lot better results than using the canned profiles that came with the printer.

I have an HP PS7360 printer and nobody but HP has profiles for it and then only for their papers. I've compared the HP profiles for their paper to the ones from Printfix Pro and there's a big difference.

I don't have any experience with the Epson profiles most paper manufacturers make available. Maybe someone else can help you there.

Bill

3. Bought a GM on Saturday.

4. vadimg

vadimg

May 23, 2007
    ny, ny
    It works, but making the profiles is very tedious. I get better results than with the stock profiles for color, for black and white on my Stylus 4000, it's still not great. I use a separate RIP for that.

5. afx

afx

Jan 16, 2006
    Munich, Germany
    I tried to use it for a while. BW Results had a constant green tint no matter what paper (Hahnemühle, Tecco, PhotoLux) whereas GMB generated Profiles where spot on out of the box.

Not reccomended for low end Canon printers.

cheers
    afx

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I use it. For some papers it gives better results than the MF's profiles and some there is little difference. Monochrome is usually better IMO.