Does Black and White do it for this shot??

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by IrishBryan, Mar 23, 2007.

1. I don't shoot much in balck and white but Civil War era stuff just seems like it needs to be in Black and White or Sepia. :smile:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  2. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

I really like the 3rd one its well suited to the black & white and i like the height of the shot.
    The first two I would like to see in color they don't really do it for me in black &white

3. Bryan,

I agree with Dave..............but will add I think all three are just a tad dark.

4. Thanks I'll play with it a bit in NX

:smile:

5. Thanks for the tips guys!

:biggrin:

6. I only see one (of the canon) and think that may actually be better in sepia but like the image overall

7. Thanks Dave I'l try Sepia :smile:

8. Hi Bryan,

Let me know if you don't appreciate my fooling with your image and I'll be glad to delete it. Anyway, this shot seemed to be asking to be a duotone with a little grain added. :smile: How does this strike you?

[​IMG]

9. Sweet!!!!

You don't ever have to worry about me getting sore for critism or making my images better. That looks very spiffy :smile:

I like it thanks. These cannons just seem to be screaming black and white and I am just getting used to post processing color photos let alone black and white ones. :redface:

10. Add some glow and sepia and that would really bring out the "period" feeling, ya think?

11. Yup, that works better for me. One of gurus on the Retouching forum could probably turn this shot into a wall-hanger.

[​IMG]

12. Very nice!!

Next semester I start Post Processing and digital work flow and I intend to learn every aspect of Photo Shop. Thanks that is a sweet image. I had a feeling I nailed the composition but I could not get the colors right.