Does Black and White do it for this shot??

I don't shoot much in balck and white but Civil War era stuff just seems like it needs to be in Black and White or Sepia. :smile:

p92515317-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave_Canada

I really like the 3rd one its well suited to the black & white and i like the height of the shot.
The first two I would like to see in color they don't really do it for me in black &white

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
I only see one (of the canon) and think that may actually be better in sepia but like the image overall

Hi Bryan,

Let me know if you don't appreciate my fooling with your image and I'll be glad to delete it. Anyway, this shot seemed to be asking to be a duotone with a little grain added. :smile: How does this strike you?

canon.jpg

Hi Bryan,

Let me know if you don't appreciate my fooling with your image and I'll be glad to delete it. Anyway, this shot seemed to be asking to be a duotone with a little grain added. :smile: How does this strike you?

canon.jpg

Sweet!!!!

You don't ever have to worry about me getting sore for critism or making my images better. That looks very spiffy :smile:

I like it thanks. These cannons just seem to be screaming black and white and I am just getting used to post processing color photos let alone black and white ones. :redface:

Hi Bryan,

canon.jpg

Add some glow and sepia and that would really bring out the "period" feeling, ya think?

Add some glow and sepia and that would really bring out the "period" feeling, ya think?

Yup, that works better for me. One of gurus on the Retouching forum could probably turn this shot into a wall-hanger.

canon_2.jpg

Yup, that works better for me. One of gurus on the Retouching forum could probably turn this shot into a wall-hanger.

canon_2.jpg

Very nice!!

Next semester I start Post Processing and digital work flow and I intend to learn every aspect of Photo Shop. Thanks that is a sweet image. I had a feeling I nailed the composition but I could not get the colors right.

Latest threads

Top Bottom