Doe's Gaze

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Boy do these piercing looks probe deep into one's soul! I combined a single image into several and placed them on a background of sky. Do you think this works?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

[​IMG]

2. Virginia, it looks like I'm seeing the deer through one of those kids kaliedoscopes! If you know what I mean?????
    Or......... I've had a little too much to drink! :Happy:

Would love to see the original image of the deer........... maybe I'm just too conservative!

Impressed by your photoshop skills though!
    Take care.......
    Graeme :smile: :smile: :smile:

3. The Original Image

Well, Graeme, here you go! Isn't she a beauty!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

and her's the guy who is currently chasing her around!
    I can hardly wait until Spring! The little ones usually show up in May.

4. Love them all, super shots.

5. Hi Virginia. You did a very nice job on the doe picture. I really like it. It does get through to the soul.

Thanks for sharing this.

6. Thanks, Irene and Melissa. I'm glad you enjoyed "Doe's Gaze". It's amazing I could get this close to capture the essence of this little princess.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. Virginia, you are right. She is a real beauty!

Many thanks for that........... it cheered me up on a dull rainy day here in North Yorkshire!

Graeme :smile:

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia

Now that is clever.

For me I like your version as well as the originals.

It is different and interesting.

Nice retouching

All the best

Ray

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia.......again!!!

Hope you dont mind me having a play - such great shots.

Thought of this?????

All the best

Ray

ps will delete immediately if you prefer

[​IMG]

10. Good going, Ray! So you cloned in the background to match that of the buck and remasked this lass. They are handsome couple aren't they!

Did you happen to see this other one I did of the two of them? Used a couple of slightly different poses for the buck. There are four layers in this one each with a different smart object. Have you tried anything with smart objects yet?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

[​IMG]

11. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia

I love that one. The sky sets of the does.

Your shots are really great and put together as a composite I think work really well.

Having fun I think!

Very best wishes

Ray

12. Virginia,

I am still learning the new features of PS so could you explain what Smart Objects is?

Thank you,

13. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Smart Objects

Virginia

Read back and see Melissa has raised the question you asked me.

I have not used smart objects - give me a clue please!!!:confused:

Many thanks

Ray

14. Smart Objects

Hi, Melissa and Ray

Smart objects are nothing more than scalable images which retain their resolution. To create on all you need to do is to go the the layers palette and right click on the flyout menu and select group into smart object. I set up a separate folder on my hard drive and have created a library of these so I can easily find them. You'll find that once you've created a smart object the layer will show you a box on the lower right indicating that the image is now a smart object and has a new file extension, pbs.

Once you've created a smart object, you can still edit it. If you right click on a layer with a smart object in it, you will see an option that lets you edit the smart object. Once edited you will have to recreate or rename the smart object.

The way you use smart object is to use the place command. Once you have a PSCS2 doc open, you simply place your smart object in it. To resize it you need to go to the edit menu and use the transform too. You can move the smart object around to any spot on your canvas and then apply photoshop tools.

Ready to get started? Open a file, create a smart object and then add it to another photoshop file. Adjust the opacity and blending modes and see what you can come up with. The best way to learn is just to try this out and see what happens. It's easy. Try it!

Hope this helps!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2005
  15. Thanks Virginia for the info. I will take a look at the smart object.

16. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Me too Virginia

Many thanks.

Please ignore my request for details in your other post as this one deals with it.

Very many thanks

Ray