Does Nikon Z mirorless is a waste of money

Hello my name is Nick and i am writing to inform new potential buyers to avoid buying Nikon Products.

Additionally i would like guideness to my Problem

I bought a new Nikon Z5 1400USD after of 20 days of operation machine was broken down.

I demanded a new one to buying store, who informed me that only Nikon is responsible for official warranty

So the adventure begins

Nikon Service and Official Nikon Support- is the same Greek Company.

I Send two emails with 24-48h response rate

No response till today -10th day

+ Infos

29-6-2021 Buy day

20-7-2021 given for service

10-9-2021 know ones knows when they have the spare part to repair my Nikon

Instead of that i asked a replacement camera to do my job

They refuse to give me with the reason iam proffesional photographer -they don’t ask my professional id when I pay 1400USD

Questions looking for response

How they develop new models without any serious costumer service and spare parts

It is wrong feeling cheated and dumbed giving 1400USD when I could have boughten 10 no name from other Chinese sites machines with better costumer experience

Any email to send in offical Nikon to take a reposnible answer from someone

That's really bizarre. I'm confident people here will be able to give you good advice about how to get this matter resolved to your satisfaction. You'll probably get more helpful responses if you indicate which Nikon region you bought the camera from. As an example, did you buy it from Nikon USA?

Thank you for your answer

I bought it from a local store in Greece on my neighbor .

They advice me to contact to Nikon Official Service

They have diagnosed the problem but they told me that they expect the spare part from Nikon Holland .

After days of waiting I called them and they told me that there is no spare part in Nikon Netherlands and there is no date to announce

I send email to OFFICIAL NIKON SUPPORT.COM with my Z5 serial number to get a official answer but

No answer

Bad costumer experience !

Real Name
Geoff Brown
Go back to the store you purchased it from, the warranty is with them, not Nikon,

Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.

If you bought a product or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and without a justification.

If you're not sure which situation applies to you, you can also try our consumer rights tool to help you understand your rights when you shop in the EU.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you posted on Nikon Europe Twitter and Facebook pages? It’s a good idea to voice your issues on social media besides forums to get their attention.
Fine idea i will try it .but after such bad experience on Nikon Costumer Service i want to get my money Back to buy other brand with better after sales services.
Mision maybe impossible after 60days (45days on service)

Real Name
Geoff Brown
To be fair to Nikon, all manufacturers are having problems with parts deliveries, it's just the way it is at the moment, but as I've already said, your warranty is with the supplying dealer, not Nikon direct, if you have any problems, direct them to the E.U law on warranties.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom