Does Pbase suck or what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Backdoctor, Jan 29, 2005.

1. I am so tired of the red X's and slow motion at Pbase. Anyone know what gives. I have too many photos there to make a move so easily. I sure hate how it works.

Ok enough rant. It's sunny out, and after work I'm gonna shoot some eagles.

2. This weekend Pbase was to have upgraded their equipment and over this week they will be adding additional capacity as they determine that their new equipment is working. I am not an appologist for Pbase as I have had numerous problems with them but I am keeping a sunny outlook despite the rain here in St. George, Utah.

Here's hoping for the best,

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pbase

I'm tired of those red x's too but it looks like their update should be finished today. I would have switched but pbase has been so supportive of us in the past that I feel I owe them some loyalty plus Slug is a nice guy too.

Hopefully this update will resolve the problems but if they persist then I'm gonna have to look at Smugmug.

Harry

4. I know Slug is a nice guy and Pbase has been supportive, but at times I want to throw a brick thru the screen. So frustrating. Hope they fix it.

5. A comment from a non-Pbaser.....

Having seen these threads what would really frost me is the lack of information. From what I have seen this has gotten really bad in the last couple of months. Occasional outages happen for all sorts of reasons, but as long as you are kept informed you can make plans. I think it is great that these folks finally said what was going on last week, but if I was a pbase user I'd be very upset that no info was forthcoming earlier.

I mean, who do they think they are, Nikon or something???????

6. Have to agree.......

But having said that, will make an educated decision based on how well the upgrades go this weekend. I still have 2 mths remaining, but having said that, it has shown 2 mths remaining for the past 3 mths?? anyone experience this, maybe that's their way saying, patience...........I think they can fix it, just money and resources. LOL.........when it works, it works great, none the less frustrating!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Re: Have to agree.......

I still have 2 mths remaining, but having said that, it has shown 2 mths remaining for the past 3 mths?? anyone

Hi Keith,

Same here 2 months remaining. Slug gave some freebie for having so many probs. I saw a post on the site about a month ago.

Cheers
    Gale

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Re: Have to agree.......

I still have 2 mths remaining, but having said that, it has shown 2 mths remaining for the past 3 mths?? anyone

Hi Keith,

Same here 2 months remaining. Slug gave some freebie for having so many probs. I saw a post on the site about a month ago.

Cheers
    Gale

9. You are so right

Pbase is down again cant add any pictures to existing galleries back to using my Internet Information server

10. From the Pbase site

25-Jan-2004 - Major Hardware Upgrades this Weekend
    This weekend we perform a variety of hardware upgrades and replacements to improve site performance. Much of the equipment is brand new which we've been installing and testing over the last few months.
    Some of the existing equipment will need to be physically moved which will cause some downtime.
    We expect the process to begin at roughly 08:00 UTC (03:00 EST) on 29-Jan-2005 with about two hours during which the site will be mostly offline. This will be followed by a longer period of time where the site should be mostly functional, but new uploads, editing of galleries, or new accounts won't be possible until we're sure all the new equipment is working properly.
    We're aware of the current problem with some broken images. We will be able to finish cleaning this up after the above upgrades.

The planning, installation, and testing of new hardware has consumed much time in the last few months.
    We'll be moving forward with more visible features soon after.

11. Re:

It sure does. I've got a couple of entries for the contest, and I'm just itching to upload them :( .

12. Re:

If it stays down let me know and I'll set you up an album.

13. Thanks, Bill. I'm sure it will be up by tomorrow morning... but if it isn't, I'll give you a shout.

14. mari

mari Guest

Maria wrote:

Hi Harris, I know what you mean about Pbase. Ed recommended me another site and I am very pleased with it. Here is the link to my pictures if you want to take a look.

http://mari.smugmug.com/

Can you use any type of Nikon camera to post in this site or it is exclusively for DSLRs?